Main Menu

What should I buy?

Started by Wolfe1759, January 04, 2019, 06:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfe1759

Now the Matrix sale is ending I only have to wait a few days before I get my anniversary discount code  :) +  :'(

Owning most of the catalogue already I've narrowed my choice down to the following two:

1. Aggressors: Ancient Rome

2. Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Which should I buy?
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Grim.Reaper

why choose, buy both with your discount:)

Wolfe1759

OK that seems to wrap it up pretty quickly  :)

I'd assumed that the discount applied to one game purchase, there has generally only been one game I don't already own that I've wanted to purchase by the time the coupon came around in the past.

This could be one of the shortest threads on GrogHeads  :)

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

JasonPratt

The discount does apply to one purchase, but you could purchase umpty-three games in that one purchase and the discount would apply to them alllllll muahahahahaha!

Having said that, I've played both games, and both are decent for what they are, but the UI for Aggressors is a little clunkier to me. Still they are quite different games in quite different time periods, with I'd say the same number of strengths and weaknesses.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on January 04, 2019, 06:29:44 PM
OK that seems to wrap it up pretty quickly  :)

I'd assumed that the discount applied to one game purchase, there has generally only been one game I don't already own that I've wanted to purchase by the time the coupon came around in the past.

This could be one of the shortest threads on GrogHeads  :)

As Jason stated, the discount applies to everything in your cart at the time of purchase....so stock up on any last sale items and then you can apply your discount to the entire cart on top of that.  Great way to save a few extra $$$.