CNA - Contract Negotiation and Administration

Started by Yskonyn, April 06, 2018, 11:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

This thread will feature posts about Contract Negotiation and Administration.
Status updates about contracts will be posted here as well as Financial reports.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Commander Goodwill stands in front of the projector.
"We've received these 6 contract offers. I want you guys to study them. Then come forward with your thoughts about which one we should tackle... and why. Remember people, transport is big business, so whenever we can secure a contract which covers most of the transport cost we would be saving money. On the other hand, we also need parts, for that we need to be allowed salvage.
Well you all know the drill."

"Option 1"

"Option 2"

"Option 3"

"Option 4"

"Option 5"

"And finally... Option 6"
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Without having checked over my Lance yet [OOC: or even having gotten my character yet], I'm inclined to vote for Option 1. It has Green opponents, Regular allied support, a quick turnaround, a good balance of expenses and salvage paid.

The only thing I don't understand yet (being a rookie) is the "Command Rights" and the distinction between Liaison (as in this mission), House, and Integrated.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Independent allows for our forces to be fully autonomous within the mission parameters.

Liason means that our employer will send a representative along on the mission to oversee that the execution is done withinparameters. Also the employer will take partial legal responsibility for collateral damage or other incidents. Usually we will not have control over this liason unit.

House Command will mean that the mission will be fully led by House forces whereas our forces are attached to the operating force. (In MegaMek this usually means either more forces are under AI control or we are alone but deemed to be operating as a House force; and it will alter payout and salvage values)

Integrated means the employer will provide the commanding officers to lead each Lance, where our forces will act as subordinates to this leadership. (Not handled very well in MegaMek, but totally cool at the table!)

Basically, for MegaMek, aside from some AI controlled allied units it only alters the spread between payouts and financial risks mainly.
The narrative is up to the GM.

JasonPratt

O0

I really want to make time this weekend to get into the system. (And to start chewing over a pre-generated Lance.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

By the way: A thing to keep in mind with enemy rating: A is highest while F is lowest, whereas item (weapons / equipment / vehicles) rarity is the reverse; A is most common while F is rare (and X is unavailable for the time period).

Yskonyn

After the officers have debated for a little short than an hour the Grogheads decide getting off Galatea has priority for now, but a short and fairly light task would best fit the outfit's aspirations to have some time to get stockpiles and resources up to snuff, test their machines on the field without too much threat and generate some cash in the process.

"Ok people. Ascella it is. We're going to assist the Lyrans in gaining some intel for one of their new projects. We'll be operating with a Liason. Be gentle to the guy.. or girl.
Remember: this mission is just to buy us some time at this point and perhaps reduce a little heat from the officials here at Galatea. Our 'disbanding' didn't sat very well with our previous peers, so keep your eyes peeled for any 'Shadows'."

"All contacts outside of our current mission should immediately be reported to your commanding officer. For all intents and purposes we should act as wanted people at this point in time."

Goodwill presses a button on his control board and a map shows on screen a moment later:

"4 jumps. 70 days to get there, then 1 month fighting. The Lyrans have arranged transport for us.
Start packing, people! That's all."

Yskonyn

The contract stands with the re-start. We are still inbound Ascella.

McMaster

What time frame IRL do you expect to be inbound to to Ascella?

I seem to have some time available... but Need to gauge the expected time commitment...

Thanks Ysk,

-McM

Yskonyn

If you guys don't have a Lance rolled up I'll roll a temporary one for each of you and commence our travel to Ascella.
Once you have time to roll up your own Lance I'll replace the temporary one with yours.

Travel to Ascella will be short IRL terms (barring delay due to stockpiles I can make us arrive there in a few minutes), first missions will be ready once we arrive.