Anothe new U-boat sim

Started by Millipede, August 11, 2019, 12:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millipede

I did a search and couldn't find a previous thread so...

Check out the web site for a really detailed sim.   http://www.uboatsim.com/

and here's his YT site with several dev logs.   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpAHLYjMxLVj6LJ4OOYw3_A

It seems to be a single developer so that's a bit concerning.

Gusington

Looks like he's been very busy, even if it is only one person.

I would kill for a modern WWI uboat sim.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Wait, is this WW1??  :bd:

Next up, American Civil War submarine simulator! -- the Turtle Strikes!

(Or maybe blockade runners, which were almost submarines, and impressed Jules Verne enough he wrote a whole novel on them!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

No. Appears to be WWII. He is modeling the type VIIC.

Has a looooong way to go. Wish him lots of luck.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

They did a WWI sub sim a few years back, Shells of Fury.  Sadly wasn't very good.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

I had Shells of Fury. It wouldn't run, just crashed. If I run across it in my oldies box I might try it again under emulation. Who knows?

There was another sim a while back called Enigma: Rising Tide that had you crew either a PT boat, sub, or a frigate (or maybe a destroyer).
it was set in an alternate timeline and had you fight for either the USA, the Kaiser, or the League of Nations.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Yeah I never bought Shells of Fury because of the not so great reviews. It's still available through GoG I believe.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I always wondered about that game, a sub sim with torpedoes named, 'Shells' of Fury.  ???
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

The_Admiral

I care to notice that Shells of Fury would be a great title for a game centered on the way my organism deals with spicy seafood too.
But as you might soon notice, I am not very good at titles myself  :-[

Destraex

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 12, 2019, 09:40:21 PM
I always wondered about that game, a sub sim with torpedoes named, 'Shells' of Fury.  ???
Gun kills in ww1 would have been much more common than torpedoe ones.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

I actually have Enigma, but (as with many things) I never got around to trying to play it. Or maybe I tried once, but at the time my rig couldn't effectively handle it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mbar

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2019, 09:10:01 PM
Yeah I never bought Shells of Fury because of the not so great reviews. It's still available through GoG I believe.

Not GoG but Gamersgate. No save during mission killed it for me.

Gusington

^That's it. And now that you mention it I wonder if the no save game issue still exists. I will take a guess that it does.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mbar

I have not played in a while but it was an old game when I bought it so doubt there were any updates to the missions.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: mbar on August 13, 2019, 07:44:31 AM
Not GoG but Gamersgate. No save during mission killed it for me.

This kills any game for me.  How can a developer not understand that not everyone can devote hours to a single session?