Today's Article: GARPA!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 02, 2015, 10:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

GAMES!  GARPA!  TABLES!  COASTERS!  FRONT PAGE!

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 21, 2015, 09:41:50 AM
GAMES!  GARPA!  TABLES!  COASTERS!  FRONT PAGE!

Ah, but no link to the article. Guess I won't be reading it...

:P
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Finally - you've posted all over these boards about Carolina Game Tables but when I'd do a search for them I'd find a webpage with zero pics on it.

At last I can see what they're making and it looks good. Too bad they don't offer various sizes - a 4' x 8' would be awesome.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

They should sell PDFs on how to build some of their stuff. The hardcore DYI builders who would have ripped off the ideas from online pix might just buy the PDF just to be more precise and the dreamers who would never buy one of the tables anyway might spring for a PDF download purchase just to keep dreaming. Either way, Carolina Tables gets a few more bux from folks folks who would not have bought from them any other way.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Something different for this week's GARPA!

Cyrano

I've been following "Flat Top" since its days as a DIY project and VG's site has had little regarding its progress.  You'll note that specifications still indicate that the rule book will have "x" pages.

Still, hope it comes to fruition.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

77 hits the front page today: build-your-own Mechs, build-your-own terrain, build-your-own pirate ships.

bayonetbrant

#78 is out there today - tanks, steampunk, spaceships, and hey, it's been a few months since we had an East Front game, too....

bayonetbrant

#79 is out today.  Your wallet is hereby warned.  Especially since yesterday was payday.

bayonetbrant

we mentioned this one in a previous GARPA, but it could still use some love to get over the top
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamerati/privateers-the-pirate-adventure-board-game

got a ways to go, but can make it if you pitch in :)

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant