Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Well I did it. It wasn't pretty and it was a bloody trail for my pilots, but it's over. I was injured so I didn't get into the final battle, but I had enough experienced pilots and sufficient assault mech tonnage to put that bitch into the lake (only slight spoilers).

Loved the ending.   <:-)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

First DLC announced...coming in November! Doesn't seem too beefy though. Chained missions, new mechs and some new terrains/biomes...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I get the feeling that because of the community any dlc will be welcomed, even if it is not that significant.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

McMaster

Hey Guys,

Is there room to join here?

-Mc

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on August 21, 2018, 09:18:19 AM
I get the feeling that because of the community any dlc will be welcomed, even if it is not that significant.

Anybody took the plunge ? https://store.steampowered.com/app/799750/BATTLETECH_Season_Pass/

Season pass 20% off (still 40 €) until 25th then sold at full price (50 €).

(or a bit cheaper here : https://www.wingamestore.com/product/9733/BATTLETECH-Season-Pass/
and here : https://www.voidu.com/en/battletech-season-pass?voider=isthereanydeal&utm_source=isthereanydeal&utm_medium=affiliate extra 20% off with code 'BLUEWINTER' or around 33€-$38)

kludger

Even cheaper now $32 at GreenManGaming using PDX18 code.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Finally...ECM and active sensors.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

FlickJax

No-one else excited by urban battles?

JasonPratt

I'm excited in principle! -- but I still haven't gotten around to playing the game.  :-[
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

I just deleted this game in disgust. When it first released, I enjoyed the campaign for about 65 hours...however, after taking a long hiatus and returning to play around with the career mode, the major problems with the tactical system were just too great to hide with no story-line to drive the game forward.

I find the game completely lacking in any meaningful strategy. Whenever possible, the AI will target one of your mechs...and only one of your mechs...it is the only viable strategy in the game, and therefore the only strategy used by the AI. The maps suck. They are small, usually with little room for maneuver. Your pilots also suck. They can't hit the broadside of a barn, whereas the AI units are filled with elite snipers apparently. The limitation on a single lance of 4 mechs is ridiculous and artificially limiting.

Its weird. I used to really like this game...now...I think I hate it. Depressing. AND, I refunded MW5...news of it being an Epic Games store exclusive was probably the worst gaming news I've received in a long time. The only way to show them how pissed it makes me is to demand my money back.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Yeah man, I am with you.
I really feel Battletech could be so much more.

It's why I returned to playing Classic Battletech via MegaMek. Much less graphical fidelity, but at least its the Battletech I love playing.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."