Battletech is back!!!

Started by Shelldrake, May 12, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

I won't lie.....the difficulty settings in the new patch brings warmness to my heart  :smitten:

mikeck

I had Glitch leveled up pretty high but i couldn't take her whining anymore. B&$@* needs to die or shut the hell up
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah she does.  I sent her out on a lone banzai charge pretty early on in the game because she getting on my nerves.

mikeck

I can see daylight through my armor!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

KyzBP

I hated her at first but now I absolutely love her.  "You get a headshot and YOU get a headshot."  How are you not entertained? :)

I started a new campaign with the new update enabled and it bleeping challenging.  I made the following adjustments:

5 salvaged Mech parts equal a complete Mech (instead of 3),
All salvaged Mechs start out stripped (instead of fully equiped),
A "cored" Mech can not be salvaged (both mine and the enemy's).

I can see myself going bankrupt early but it's really breathing new life into the game. I have to be a whole lot more careful. 

mikeck

Can't take many more hits like that Commander!
Ugh

I'm thinking about starting a new game with increased difficulty but I am hesitant for the same reason I NEVER want to start over: I like the late game goodies. After coring mechs left and right with my 10-gunnery skill character in his Highlander carrying a gauss cannon and AC 10+++, I cant go back to shooting lasers from my locust...praying I can get my hands on a beefy centurion. Nope, late game i feel like I have more fun.

If I do start over, I likely will try the Rogue mod. Anyone know of the campaign is still playable in that mod?

Steelgrave

Quote from: KyzBP on June 24, 2018, 11:27:28 AM
I hated her at first but now I absolutely love her.  "You get a headshot and YOU get a headshot."  How are you not entertained? :)

LOL, my sentiments exactly! Her voice is annoying as f**k, but her dialogue keeps me quite entertained.

KyzBP

I picture her more as Kaylee(?), the mechanic from Firefly.  I think that's way I've grown to like her.

Steelgrave

mikeck

I picture her as an ex-girlfriend who- just as your falling asleep- makes some dumbass comment and snaps you back awake....and does it 3 more times

Steelgrave

mikeck

Plus, it seems like no matter what Mech I put her in, she gets injured right away. Always the first one hurt and sometimes the only.
Although she does say "I'm taking a pounding commander"....which is kinda hot

DennisS

Quote from: mikeck on June 25, 2018, 07:15:12 PM
Plus, it seems like no matter what Mech I put her in, she gets injured right away. Always the first one hurt and sometimes the only.

Yeah buddy...I'll give her the ol' SRM.

KyzBP

;D :smitten: ;D

Windigo

Quote from: KyzBP on June 26, 2018, 07:21:23 AM
;D :smitten: ;D

My mind went there too.... I am too old to feel shame though    ^-^
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.