Steel Division 2 Brings Single Player Strategic map campaign similar to totalwar

Started by Destraex, August 25, 2018, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on April 03, 2019, 05:30:00 PM
Yes 'game slut' was aimed at everyone, including myself.

We don't want to hear any more about your dongle
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

I just started playing the first game...by the time I'm ready to play this one I'll get it cheap!  O0

Eagerly awaiting all your reviews though.

Pete Dero

One last delay for the game release

First things first, we need to delay one last time the release of Steel Division 2. The definitive release date will be on June 20th for the Standard Edition & on June 18th for the Digital Deluxe Editions.

More (and better) beta playtime

Consequently, you will be able to play the game longer before release. Way longer. The initial plan was to make 5 48-hour phases before release. After the first phase, we heard your requests and made a 4-day Beta Phase 2. As you know, Phase 3 will start on Thursday, April 18th and will be 5 days long, until Tuesday, April 23rd.

From May 29th the Beta will be playable non-stop until release on June 20th. It will get updated during this 3-week period and we're preparing very cool content for you guys.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/1643160751039854123

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Blah to the delay, but I guess if it makes it better so be it. 

I'll say, I had a heck of a good time with the last beta.  There needed to be a few minor balance passes, but it's a lot better than SD44 even in its current state.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

I'm not so much annoyed by the delay, but the break in the beta is what irritates. Why do it in phases? Just let it run.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Apparently they're phasing it because they're releasing different divisions for each phase so they can do a full balance pass on them.

I agree though, they can do that and still keep it playable.  It'd be better for bug reporting if they did (though I will say I found the build to be incredibly stable).

Grim.Reaper

I guess if they let the beta run continuously, wouldn't that be just early access then:)

I didn't get much of a chance to try it during the first beta, so hopefully can sneak some time in one of these phases...

sandman2575

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 17, 2019, 02:55:43 PM
I'm not so much annoyed by the delay, but the break in the beta is what irritates. Why do it in phases? Just let it run.

Agree.

...although this lastest delay does annoy me too.  >:(

GeneralHawk

Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Destraex

NON STOP BETA IS HERE in 2 DAYS!! Hellz yeah. Looking forward to this. But worried I will burn out on it before the grand campaign is available. Still a little bummed that proper mountains or terrain undulation that looks natural and map modding do not seem to be in. It's better than before though in terms of mountain modelling. The combat is at such long ranges as well, that it makes those close hedge rows of normandy seem like heaven in terms of variety of combat situations. This is such a grand scale. See if you can micro your ammo types!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1036860

The Steel Division 2 Beta will start on Wednesday, May 29th at 3PM CEST for the players who pre-ordered the game, and will be playable Non-Stop until the game's release on June 20th!

Play with all the Divisions and Units
As the news' title reads, all the Divisions & Units of the game will be playable throughout the beta. This means 18 Divisions, 9 in each camp, and more than 600 units! Obviously, you will have access to the Deck Builder, and will be able to play in Skirmish in solo, multiplayer and coop up to 5v5 players.

Here's the complete content:

18 Divisions
2nd Guards Tank Corps
29th Tank Corps
3rd Guards Mechanized Corps
Manoeuver Group "Tyurin"
Manoeuver Group "Bezugly"
9th Guards Cavalry Division
26th Guards Rifle Division
44th Guards Rifle Division
184th Guards Rifle Division
5. Panzerdivision
20. Panzerdivision
78. Sturmdivision
28. Jägerdivision
14. Infanterie-Division
Gruppe Harteneck
Köruck 559
1. Lovas Hadosztály
12. Tartalékos Hadosztály

5 Maps
Orsha North
Vitebsk East
Tsell
Lyakhavichy
Autobahn zur Hölle

4 Game Modes
Conquest
Closer Combat
Breakthrough
5-Player Online Coop

The Beta will be updated with awesome content until the game's release.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

I haven't played the beta more than just casually for the reason of not burning out before the campaign.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Destraex on May 27, 2019, 09:54:37 AM
NON STOP BETA IS HERE in 2 DAYS!! Hellz yeah. Looking forward to this. But worried I will burn out on it before the grand campaign is available. Still a little bummed that proper mountains or terrain undulation that looks natural and map modding do not seem to be in. It's better than before though in terms of mountain modelling. The combat is at such long ranges as well, that it makes those close hedge rows of normandy seem like heaven in terms of variety of combat situations. This is such a grand scale. See if you can micro your ammo types!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1036860

The Steel Division 2 Beta will start on Wednesday, May 29th at 3PM CEST for the players who pre-ordered the game, and will be playable Non-Stop until the game's release on June 20th!

Play with all the Divisions and Units
As the news' title reads, all the Divisions & Units of the game will be playable throughout the beta. This means 18 Divisions, 9 in each camp, and more than 600 units! Obviously, you will have access to the Deck Builder, and will be able to play in Skirmish in solo, multiplayer and coop up to 5v5 players.

Here's the complete content:

18 Divisions
2nd Guards Tank Corps
29th Tank Corps
3rd Guards Mechanized Corps
Manoeuver Group "Tyurin"
Manoeuver Group "Bezugly"
9th Guards Cavalry Division
26th Guards Rifle Division
44th Guards Rifle Division
184th Guards Rifle Division
5. Panzerdivision
20. Panzerdivision
78. Sturmdivision
28. Jägerdivision
14. Infanterie-Division
Gruppe Harteneck
Köruck 559
1. Lovas Hadosztály
12. Tartalékos Hadosztály

5 Maps
Orsha North
Vitebsk East
Tsell
Lyakhavichy
Autobahn zur Hölle

4 Game Modes
Conquest
Closer Combat
Breakthrough
5-Player Online Coop

The Beta will be updated with awesome content until the game's release.

Wait, sure hope that more maps are added and there are much more than 5 maps.