Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

JasonPratt

Do you WANT a Normandy invasion?

Because that is how you get a Normandy invasion.  >:D

(Of course, originally Normandy invaded the other way...!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Barthheart

JasonPratt

That just leaves MD!

Hope he isn't waffling...

(BECAUSE HE'S PLAYING BELGIUM!!  >:D )

Tuna

I ended up going back to my original choice of Averni.. I tried Venitii and just too hard with it's tiny army. The 4 star tribes are tough!!!.. Brits are gonna suck, since they are both 3 stars!!!!!!  :knuppel2:

JasonPratt

MetalDog

My apologies fellows.  I am in as Belgae.  Turn sent.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Set up my first turn orders this morning!  :bd: So everything seems to be working validly atm.

Everyone should immediately send alliance requests to your allies, of course -- I already did to the Qats, so you don't necessarily have to Blucher, just accept the offer on turn 2.

I myself forgot to set up a cooperation network, but I don't think it's a bad idea to ask all other players for trade cooperation. That doesn't mean alliance (though alliance will mean trade cooperation). This will help us bootstrap ourselves so far as possible under our current trade capabilities (which may not amount to much at the start, but we'll have agreements already in place to automatically kick in as we grow.)

Also not generally a bad idea, I think, to do the same for distant NPC factions sufficiently far away that you won't likely be fighting them anytime in the foreseeable future.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 15, 2019, 08:00:40 AM
I myself forgot to set up a cooperation network, but I don't think it's a bad idea to ask all other players for trade cooperation.

For the benefit of other noobs like myself, this can (relatively) easily be done by clicking the ledger at the top of the screen and selecting factions.  In the list of factions a player-controlled faction will have a yellow person icon next to its name.  Simply click it, click diplomacy at the bottom of the screen, then select cooperation.

JasonPratt

Nice! -- the UI is definitely one of the high points of the system.

Huw the Poo

Heh, are you kidding?  My post was a not-particularly-veiled jab at how poor the UI is!  It's not a showstopper by any means, but it could be a lot better in my opinion.

Anyway.  Operation Conquer Pratt begins in earnest!  I might need some boats...

JasonPratt

Not actually kidding, but my bar for UI standards may be low from playing wargames. ;)

You're gonna need a bigger boat. And/or a canal.

JasonPratt