The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Same in Arizona - little if no humidity and 110 F or so is very tolerable, but that makes it dangerous if you're going to stay out too long.

Plus holy crap but that sun will toast the crap out of the interior of your car.

trailrunner

Quote from: OJsDad on February 16, 2018, 09:03:14 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 16, 2018, 08:53:59 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on February 16, 2018, 08:52:34 AM
Quote from: mirth on February 16, 2018, 08:50:20 AM
Quote from: trailrunner on February 16, 2018, 08:48:47 AM
It was 73 F yesterday. I rode my bike to work in shorts. It's supposed to get below freezing by tomorrow morning, then back to the 70s next week.

Stop this right now! Don't you realize how fragile Toonces is? Posts like this could send him into the abyss!

Isn't Toonces moving to San Diego in a couple of months. 

Assuming he doesn't go full Jack Torrance before the New England winter ends.

So, then he'll be upset that it's too hot, too dry, beaches are crowded, no good surf.

When we lived there, my mom complained that the weather was too boring. Seriously. But she did have a point.

trailrunner

Quote from: OJsDad on February 16, 2018, 09:46:26 AM

We were in Yucaip, CA last summer.  It was in the 100's.  But it was very bearable without the humidity.  It gets into the mid 80's here and the humidity is just a killer.

Yucaipa?  Small world. That's my wife's hometown. Not too many people have heard of that place.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: trailrunner on February 16, 2018, 10:08:09 AM

We were in Yucaip, CA last summer.  It was in the 100's.  But it was very bearable without the humidity.  It gets into the mid 80's here and the humidity is just a killer.

Yucaipa?  Small world. That's my wife's hometown. Not too many people have heard of that place.

Perhaps my wife's aunt was one of her elementary teachers. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

trailrunner

Quote from: OJsDad on February 16, 2018, 11:20:10 AM
Quote from: trailrunner on February 16, 2018, 10:08:09 AM

Perhaps my wife's aunt was one of her elementary teachers.

My wife graduated HS in 1978. Would that be the right timeframe?  Having said this, she was actually born in San Bernardino, so I'm not sure how old she was when she moved to Yucaipa. Both her parents were teachers - dad at San Bernardino HS, mom at an elementary school in Fontana. Her house was on Ivy Avenue off Bryant near the road to Forest Falls and Big Bear.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Toonces

It was downright balmy out there today.  The thermometer on my car was calling it 57.  I didn't think I'd ever actually be warm surfing in February here...dare I say I was actually kind of hot?  Well, until I fell in the water, which was 36.  That was...refreshing.

Fun little session.  The stand up board was the call.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Toonces

Oh boy, that's a real mess heading our way.   :hide:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

OJsDad

Snowing here now. Back up to 50s for Monday  and Tuesday  with about 3 inches  of rain.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Toonces

Damn, Rhode Island looks like it's about to get weather raped.

Staggerwing

Meanwhile, an hour or two west of Toonces:

*me, glancing out window* "Oh look- snow."
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

* me glancing out window

Oh F---!  SNOW!!!11!!  Nooooooooo!!!11!!

BanzaiCat

Turn left, away from the window.

"OH SHIT, SCOTCH!!!!11!!"

:)