Golden Gaming Memories...

Started by Jarhead0331, July 13, 2019, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

While this isn't my favorite game of all time, the intro still makes me smile...love the theme song at 2:!4!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tanqtonic

Hell March by Frank Klapecki(sp?)

Ive had this in my music collection for literally decades now.

mbar

For me it was this. I had Atari, Nintendo and Sega before and I waited a bit trying to decide between the Sega Saturn or the new Playstation. Bought the playstation and put in the demo disc. After seeing THAT intro I had a big smile on my face and knew I'd bought the right console for me.

Playstation Demo Disc Vol. 2 (Intro)

al_infierno

Good morning and welcome to the Black Mesa Transit System. This automated train is provided for the security and convenience of the Black Mesa Research Facility personnel.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

paplan

this song has been stuck in my head for, literally, 20 years.

I am a I am a I am a mechanical man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap6QaDBZJwM

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

DennisS

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 14, 2019, 09:16:42 PM
Hell, I still play this..... :uglystupid2:

I have the Steam, and the GoG versions. Probably 2nd or 3rd all time in hours played, vs. World of Warcraft, and Railroad Tycoon II...throw in all the Civ games in there, as well.

Most points I ever got in a mission was 2,000...on a cold war recon mission. 98 knots, the entire time, weaving my way around SAM sites. White knuckle the entire time.

Anyway..I completed three 99 mission campaigns. I can land, perfectly, in my sleep. Intersect the runway when it is perfectly north, and keep the pixel that is the runway in the same spot on your screen. I always choose realistic landings.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 13, 2019, 09:56:14 PM
While this isn't my favorite game of all time, the intro still makes me smile...love the theme song at 2:!4!

That's awesome, wasn't Red Alert originally planned to be a WW2 themed RTS?

Jarhead0331

^yes, but on an alternate timeline. In the video, Albert Einstein travels back in time and eliminates a young Hitler to try to avoid WWII. It results in an unchecked Soviet invasion in 1946, which is when the game takes place, if memory serves.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

em2nought

I'd link to a video of Red Baron 3D with the Full Canvas Jacket super patch applied, but I can't even find one.  Closest I can come is BVH's Hell's Angels patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKB983NJGDY
Stolen elections have consequences.

Barthheart

Played this more than any other game on my C64.

FlickJax

Guys,

How do you correctly post youtube clips?  Sorry dumb here :)

KyzBP

This one still raises my adrenaline and puts a grin on my face: