Main Menu

Google Maps project

Started by bayonetbrant, July 30, 2013, 01:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Hey folks,

I need someone who can do some poking around on a Google Maps project for me.  I'm looking to put some Google Maps controls in a custom window and manipulate the map views.

I have some written req's and mockup, but I need someone who can actually code it for me.  If you're interested, or know someone who might be interested, send 'em my way!

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

No joy from any response? I am wondering if you can, then how you would, link a google map or google earth to your game? That would put an end to a lot of flailing with poor maps.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

Nah, no one ever showed any serious interest.  It wasn't a Brant-specific project, but going to get deployed here at GH :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

Cool.
I will share that Wolfram of Mathematica fame has Geo data of the world. I have a game project that uses real maps for a big simulation. It is interesting in that I am pursuing learning outcomes that may be completely invisible to the player. They may not be playing for anything related to it. I don't even know how people will use it. Wargame? Economic game? Development game?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598