Discuss GrogCast Season 2!

Started by bayonetbrant, September 08, 2015, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Oh, I've been there. Through it anyway. Not the end of the Earth, but you can see it from there.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

This will be a great chance to increase the number of moose listeners :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Quote from: Martok on October 23, 2015, 12:07:35 PM
Very cool!  Suddenly wish (not for the first time) I lived closer to mirth.  ;D 

I do have a spare room available.

Melchett

Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2015, 01:10:31 PM
This will be a great chance to increase the number of moose listeners :P

Unfortunately, Maine is in the the skip zone, for the most part, during this time of year. Their signal is pretty strong for everywhere else east of the Rockies. Although, I've been able to pull it in on the old Grundig on a good night.

mirth

My grandad used to be into shortwave radio. Though I think it was mainly a cover to go out into his shack and drink.

bayonetbrant

Those of you on BoardGameGeek please give us a thumbs up on our announcement thread, and try and help get the visibility up :)

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1459743/wargaming-podcast-radio-heck-yeah
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Melchett

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2015, 05:15:31 PM
Those of you on BoardGameGeek please give us a thumbs up on our announcement thread, and try and help get the visibility up :)

Thumbed!

Melchett

Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2015, 01:32:28 PM
My grandad used to be into shortwave radio. Though I think it was mainly a cover to go out into his shack and drink.

Your grandad and I have something in common. Although I don't have a shack. I just use my son's room while he's off at college.

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2015, 05:15:31 PM

Replied and thumbed!

(Damn- looks like BGG won't allow youtube embedding outside of a designated forum :()
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

nah - you just embed the actual YT code at the end, and not the youtube.com url info
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 24, 2015, 08:42:11 AM
nah - you just embed the actual YT code at the end, and not the youtube.com url info

Thanks! Went back and fixed it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Though I think it was mainly a cover to go out into his shack and drink.

In other words, "the national pastime of Maine."

Melchett

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 24, 2015, 12:20:52 PM
Though I think it was mainly a cover to go out into his shack and drink.

In other words, "the national pastime of Maine."

Maine is a nation? Golly!  ;)

BanzaiCat

Of course! They're Maine-ly about themselves, aren't they?  ;D