Main Menu

Rainbow Six:Siege

Started by JudgeDredd, February 20, 2018, 01:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Hi all - anyone play this? Obvs Jarhead has it....what do you say JH?

It's on Steam for £11:99 which I thought was reasonable. However, iirc it was short (very short) on content (single player content particularly). Because of that, I went to look at the DLC available. I was really, really disappointed with what I saw

Bandit Football Helmet - £4.50
Crown your team captain with the Bandit Football Helmet. This unlocks the Team Bandit headgear, featuring Bandit's personal logo in brilliant golden yellow and slate gray.

British Racer Pack - £6
Wrap your SAS specific weapons in the Racer weapon skin. This pack unlocks the Racer weapon skin for all of your SAS-specific weapons.

Seems like they turned it into a DLC cash cow. I understand I don't have to buy those - but it disappoints when you look at all the DLC and most of it seems to be stuff that doesn't really enhance the game. Makes for making it difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff

Just wondering if the Standard Edition was worth the entry fee? Is it as tactical as the original series? What's gameplay like? Is there a good, engrossing story?

mmm...I don't know. Sounds like they went down the Pay to Win model. This is from the Standard Edition FAQ
What content is not available?
Since the Starter Edition is the full game, you have access to all of its content.  However, Operators will require more grinding to unlock than is required in the Standard Edition.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

It never did anything for me because the single player component is nearly non existent. There is virtually no story. The MP component is fairly popular, and some of the gadgets and systems for  breaching and environmental destruction are interesting, but I have no interest. If you're looking for a classic R6 experience, this isn't it.

Still at a steeply discounted price, it's probably worth having in your library...you never know if some grog will want to put a few games together and buddy up.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 20, 2018, 07:08:53 AM
It never did anything for me because the single player component is nearly non existent. There is virtually no story. The MP component is fairly popular, and some of the gadgets and systems for  breaching and environmental destruction are interesting, but I have no interest. If you're looking for a classic R6 experience, this isn't it.

Still at a steeply discounted price, it's probably worth having in your library...you never know if some grog will want to put a few games together and buddy up.
Thanks - but I'll skip. I'm all about the story and single player
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

I really wish there was sp for this game because the weapons and mechanics look bad ass.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Yeah...SP is a total dud. There are a few missions you can run through that are meant to teach the mechanics, I guess...but you play solo, so there is no friendly squad AI or anything. Very basic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Lost opportunity for the devs. CoD IW and Titanfall 2, plus two dozen other games like Metal Gear Solid V and its ilk, just make them look lazy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Don't support this craps with your money. They removed the standard edition from the store, forcing you to pay more money for an edition with credits.

Also the in game grind for credits is HORRENDOUS.

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JudgeDredd

Yeah I'm not going to bother after reading the spec on grinding and also the DLC stuff wound me up a bit. I doubt a good story or single player game could've pulled me back from that
Alba gu' brath