Strategic Command War in Europe PBEM++ on YouTube

Started by ikrananka, February 03, 2018, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikrananka

A few weeks ago I started a PBEM game of Slitherine/Matrix games wargame called Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe (http://www.matrixgames.com/products/504/details/Strategic.Command.WWII:.War.in.Europe).  One of my viewers suggested that members of Grogheads may be interested to watch this so here's the first episode below and the full playlist can be found here : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV6qAKzfD-idWwU5Wf4UtaZmrpwepjwYC

Bear in mind that I'm a beginner at the game, having only completed one campaign as the Axis against the AI.  Although I won it took me until late 1946 to do so.  My opponent (Taxman66 on the Matrix forums) has more experience (I think he's played at least 3 campaigns as the Allies), and he is far more familiar with the rules and events that occur.  So I don't rate my chances of victory, but it sure will be fun trying.

Thanks for watching :)

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Rayfer

Nice job...a pbem AAR on youtube is not something I've seen before (although I'm sure they are there). Should be fun watching how this plays out.  Thanks.

JasonPratt

I was enjoying his match a lot -- enough to finally buy the game myself (at full Matrix price, too!  :crazy2: ) So I recommended he post a link to his series here, which I'm glad to see. (Although an ad/mod may want to move the thread to the AAR category where it can be found easier.)

If you'll post your moves every day, you'll get more views, btw, Ikran.

Rayfer, fellow Grog (and tutorial author) Barthheart and I just recently finished a match of Decisive Campaigns: the Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris over here -- at least that's my thread for it, which features YT videos of my side of the match. Barth's thread is here. (It's also in my link atm, but that will no doubt change eventually.)

I'm also posting the replay of a pbem game (originally played on Vassal, but recreated on TTS) of Fire in the Lake here at this thread.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Here are the videos so far (after Part 1):

I think that 13th episode is where things are standing tonight.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Bill Runacre

Thanks for posting these videos, it's great to see an AAR series being made of our game!  O0
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Quote from: Bill101 on February 06, 2018, 10:57:25 AM
Thanks for posting these videos, it's great to see an AAR series being made of our game!  O0

I'll pass that along to Irk (and thence to taxman), in case he doesn't see it here!  O0

ikrananka

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 03, 2018, 07:49:05 PM
If you'll post your moves every day, you'll get more views, btw, Ikran.

Thanks Jason - that was fantastic of you to do this for me.  I'll take over now and will make sure to post my daily videos.

ikrananka

Quote from: Bill101 on February 06, 2018, 10:57:25 AM

Thanks Bill  :)  I just wish I was a more experienced player and could show others how it should be done.  I'm sadly lacking in that area at the moment.  So much to learn  :wow:

JasonPratt

Once I clear some other things off my plate, maybe we can do that 1938 campaign.  O0

ikrananka

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 07, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
Once I clear some other things off my plate, maybe we can do that 1938 campaign.  O0

Sounds good to me.