Main Menu

Lost FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, September 08, 2023, 03:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

My older daughter is a high school senior and is completing the last three of about a dozen university applications.

To say the least, it is a long and winding road  :tophat:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Not much gaming this weekend. Real work is interfering, which, given I'm retired is saying something. :grumpy:  Maybe some CMO and/or WARPLAN.  I actually fired up Starfield, to make sure it ran on my system, but only played the tutorial for about 5 minutes.  I assume there is something in that tunnel the bosswoman is sending me down that is nasty?  :laugh: 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on September 09, 2023, 08:53:01 PMMy older daughter is a high school senior and is completing the last three of about a dozen university applications.

I hear you brother.  I'm glad that phase is done. 

We spent a lot of time touring schools.  One of the schools I liked that my oldest decided against was Fordham University, the Manhattan campus.  I also liked Syracuse but ultimately none of my daughters wanted that either.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^My sister went to Fordham for her grad degree, great school. I got into Syracuse but didn't earn enough money in scholarships to be able to go :/

Just got an email that my older daughter's application to U. of Vermont is now complete...that would be awesome.

I think she is done with 10 of 12 applications. She has worked her ass off.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^That's awesome to hear about your daughter.  It sounds like she's taking her education seriously. 

Too bad you couldn't go to Syracuse but good to hear your sister liked Fordham.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

Kudos to your kiddo, Gus!

Lord help me, but they made the newer Nazi Zombie Sniper game super cheap at Steam, so....

The re-work of the game has grown on me, I'll admit, but their DLC setup for this iteration is horrid.  Almost the epitome of "monetize everything!" - i.e. you want an MP40 to use?  Gotta buy it.  Just one of the most common weapons of the German army and you have to buy it.  What the utter fuck, Rebellion?

Gusington

I haven't played a Rebellion game in a while but haven't they always monetized everything? Maybe that's why I haven't played in a while  :justice:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on September 09, 2023, 08:53:01 PMMy older daughter is a high school senior and is completing the last three of about a dozen university applications.

I wish her the best of luck. Especially with choosing the correct course. A lot waste time drifting between courses when they realise the one they chose is not right for them. In the US I guess that would greatly increase the cost of tertiary education because it's all up front fees or a student loan? In Europe in some places university is free I am told, but I assume then that only the brightest get in. In a place like Australia they have govt student loans called HECS that are only paid back slowly once an income threshhold is met.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on September 10, 2023, 07:33:50 PMI haven't played a Rebellion game in a while but haven't they always monetized everything? Maybe that's why I haven't played in a while  :justice:

Couldn't say about their other offerings, but the sniper stuff always had some sort of DLC that seemed money-grabby but within reasonable limits by my estimation.  This crap here with the new kid?  Skins?  Characters? Little doo-hickys that hang off your weapon or backpack?  C'mon, man.  It's like they are trying to copy Killing Floor's "thing," and falling flat.  Still, there are a bevvy of campaigns they've got available outside the main one (which of course you have to pay for), so maybe the charm is in that direction.  We'll see.

Gusington

^Yeah the sniper games. Tons of dlc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd