Main Menu

Zero-K

Started by solops, July 28, 2019, 07:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

Do any of you play Zero-K? It is an older fan-made game that has gone to Steam recently for distribution. It is free and it is constantly updated. I got it when it went to Steam but I have never tried it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

JasonPratt

That does look pretty sweet!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

I have it, but haven't played much...

It is impressive for a free game and I can attest to the fact that it is frequently updated. it has some really unique UI functions and ideas. Particularly with respect to movement and unit formations.

Funny you mention it today...I was just looking at it earlier today and thinking that I should make the time to give it the attention it deserves.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

Yeah it's on a semi-regular rotation in my gaming group.  It's bloody good by any standard, but especially considering it's free.  There's a ridiculous number of units to build and you can even terraform.  Very active multiplayer community too.

Yskonyn

Interesting! Never heard of itbefore.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 28, 2019, 07:44:03 PM
Funny you mention it today...I was just looking at it earlier today and thinking that I should make the time to give it the attention it deserves.
+1, but WHEN?