Main Menu

Zero K

Started by Martok, April 26, 2017, 07:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

http://zero-k.info/

Anyone heard of this game?  Just stumbled across it a couple days ago.  It's definitely still in an alpha state and buggy as hell (it's already crashed on me a couple times while doing the tutorials), but I like the concept. 

(EDIT:  Forgot to include the trailer!) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely looks rough, but it sure is cheap. How is the AI?

Have you played Planetary Annhilation? I think it's an underrated game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

The whole "battle between a giant mech and a giant scorpion-mech" reminds me of an old movie whose name seems to escape me.

Martok

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2017, 07:12:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely looks rough, but it sure is cheap. How is the AI?
Truthfully, I can't comment on the AI yet, as I've only played some of the tutorials so far, and want to get through those first.  (I'm a completionist that way. ::) ) 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2017, 07:12:01 AM
Have you played Planetary Annhilation? I think it's an underrated game.
I confess I haven't.  There are aspects of the game that are very appealing, but ultimately I don't believe it's quite my style.  Despite its epic scale, it's not the true grand-strategy experience that I crave. 

Quote from: Tpek on April 26, 2017, 02:45:06 PM
The whole "battle between a giant mech and a giant scorpion-mech" reminds me of an old movie whose name seems to escape me.
Sounds like something from The Power Rangers.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

I would suggest Ashes of the Singularity Escalation.
Very strong AI and lots of development going on.
It looks absolutely great too.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2017, 06:51:30 AM
I would suggest Ashes of the Singularity Escalation.
Very strong AI and lots of development going on.
It looks absolutely great too.

For some reason this game never grabbed me. I wanted to like it, but it was just so dull. Maybe it was the units? The story? I don't know...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Have you tried it recently? Its received a lot of new content since release. Campaign has been overhauled.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 27, 2017, 08:41:07 AM
Have you tried it recently? Its received a lot of new content since release. Campaign has been overhauled.

I have not tried it since Escalation was released.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tpek

Quote from: Tpek on April 26, 2017, 02:45:06 PM

Found it: Robot Wars
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107979/?ref_=nv_sr_3