Age of Steam game

Started by rstites25, March 26, 2017, 12:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

hmm looks like I'm pretty fucked then. I'll issue a share.

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

Woodall

rstites25

l'amour

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

Pass. If that wasn't obvious.

rstites25

Woodall

rstites25

Are any of you Yahoos interested in playing a game of Polis? There's a pretty good implementation of it on Boardgamearena (I think). I played a solo game and an opposed game quite some time ago. Unfortunately, the guy I played online was much much more skilled than I was and crushed me without me actually learning anything.

Woodall

Did you play Sparta or Athens?

rstites25

I *think* Athens, but it's been too long to be sure. I think they're supposed to be the more difficult side?

Woodall

Yeah, Athens is pretty tough to play. I have no idea about the real balance of the game, but one thing I have found curious is no one has just proposed changing the initial point totals to improve balance. I'd play a game with you, but can't start til this weekend. I'm heading out to the field again tomorrow morning.

rstites25

This weekend works for me for starting.

Based on my very limited impressions, I'm not sure it's a balance issue per se. I think experienced Sparta v. experienced Athens is supposed to be fairly balanced. It's inexperienced Sparta v. inexperienced Athens where Athens is at a decided disadvantage. That being said, the simple adjustment you suggest would be a very simple "beginner" variant.