Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Happy New Year!

From all of us at Eagle Dynamics, we want to wish you a happy new year and every success and happiness for 2019! We look forward to sharing it with you, and we have many exciting projects during 2019! What follows is a listing of aircraft projects that we and our valued-partners will be working on in 2019. We do not expect for all these projects to be released in 2019, but this is where our focus will be this year.

In next week's newsletter we'll talk about the non-aircraft projects that we'll be working on during 2019.

DCS: MiG-19P by RAZBAM Simulations

The DCS: MiG-19P by RAZBAM will be coming later this month! This early, Soviet supersonic fighter further completes the line of MiG fighters in DCS World. MiG-15bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21bis, and MiG-29. Named "Farmer" by NATO, the MiG-19 was the first production, Soviet fighter capable of supersonic flight and comparable with American "Century Series" fighters like the F-100, F-105, F-106 and others.

The MiG-19 is a great addition to the stable of 1950s fighters, with more to come.

DCS: F-14 by Heatblur Simulations

Before the end of winter will see the release of the eagerly-awaited Tomcat! Brought to you by the same team the developed the extraordinary AJS-37 Viggen, the Tomcat will set new benchmarks in PC flight simulations. Following the initial release with the F-14B, the Heatblur team will follow that up with the F-14A version and a free USS Forrestal-class aircraft carrier!

Featuring front-seat and back-seat play for single and multiplayer, the Tomcat is a dominate fighter with the capability to also devastate ground targets. Sharing the deck with Hornet's DCS, World naval combat operations will take off in 2019.

DCS: F-16C Viper

Our next marquee title from the Eagle Dynamics studio will be the famous F-16C multi-role fighter! An aircraft we've long wanted to simulate, we are excited to bring this legendary aircraft to the skies of DCS World. The F-16C is already well into development alongside the F/A-18C, and both aircraft share significant technology that will benefit both.

Specifically, we will be offering the F-16CJ Block 50 variant that includes the HARM anti-radar missile and HARM Target System (HTS) pod, laser- and GPS-guided munitions, advanced air-to-air systems like the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) and AIM-9X and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles, data link systems, Sniper targeting pod, AN/APG-68 radar, and other systems.

DCS: Mi-24P Hind

We have certainly not forgotten about all the rotor-heads! Work continues the deadly Mi-24P HIND. Using many of the same systems as the Mi-8MTV2, this project is well underway and will be a great addition to the stable of DCS World helicopters.

With the advancements in our terrain technology and the ability to create much more detailed low-altitude environments, the HIND will be a joy to fly. Combining both gunship and troop-carry abilities, the Mi-24P will certainly result in outstanding missions and campaigns. Being a two-seat aircraft, the HIND will be a particularly interesting aircraft to fly with a friend online.

DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt, DCS: de Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI, and DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Shrike

These three aircraft are well underway and we plan to release one or more in 2019. With the addition of the new damage model, dynamic campaign, new World War II maps, and more units added to the World War II Assets Pack like the Ju-88, Bf 109G, C-47, A-20G, and others, DCS World War II will continue to grow and bring great new gameplay!

Other Aircraft

Other new aircraft in development for 2019 are the DCS: JF-17 by Deka Ironworks and the DCS: I-16 by OctopusG.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Although not a new aircraft for 2019, the Hornet will certainly be a huge focus for us with the addition of the AGM-88 HARM, ATFLIR targeting pod, datalink and IFF systems, GPS- and INS-guided weapons, standoff weapons like Harpoon, SLAM, SLAM-ER, and Walleye, as well as continued work on the flight dynamics, navigation system, air-to-surface radar, Track While Scan and other air-to-air radar modes and sub-modes, and defensive systems. The Hornet has been and will continue to be a massive and complex project.

Updating the Hangar, A-10C and Ka-50

Although we have a large set of new aircraft being worked on, it by no means that the older aircraft have been forgotten. Quite the contrary. Just like the recent update to the P-51D, Bf 109 K-4, Fw 190 D-9, and Spitfire LF Mk.IX, we will continue to update older products as their technology lags behind our current capabilities. The two biggest such projects being worked on for 2019 are overhauls of the cockpits and external models of the DCS: A-10C Warthog and DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Hind  :notworthy: :smitten:

Oh - and a P-47 and Mosquito!!  O0
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

The Viperrrrrr !  :notworthy:

On that note, I was contacted by the chaps from BMS to ask me if I would be ok with having my (aparently popular) TrackIR profile being bundled with the game install. :)
That's a nice compliment. :peace:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

^very cool. Do they have a new update in the works?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

I like the idea of the F-16. That's my favourite jet.

Yskonyn

JH it seems so. They better get that out before ED releases their Viper and their Dynamic Campaign project! 😜

Been testing VR again and unit visibility has definately improved. Also, if you enable labels as 'dot only' you get handy 'carets' pointing out units.
Visibility range still is a problem, but its better than what it was.
I run at 1.5 PD, Visibility Range on Medium, Heatblur Low, Shadows Med, Civ traffic OFF, and Terrain Shadows Flat, DOF off, lens effects off, global ilum ON, MSAA and SSAA off.
This gives me very decent performance and good detail.

The hornet's cockpit is also well readable.
Still I think for serious missions I prefer the higher fidelity and practicality of a monitor, but there is no doubt things have been improving!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Destraex

That labels as Dot only idea is gold!!! How many servers use this feature?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JudgeDredd

I just pee'd a little

With 2018 we saw the release of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we'll discuss later in the year.
Alba gu' brath

mbar

After seeing Magz overview video of the F-14, I am getting more excited for this release. I thought being spoiled by the F/A-18c handling might make the F-14 much more challenging to pilot as it's more analog. But Magz makes it sound like the F-14 can be a natural to fly if you become familiar with it's limits.

As a side note I was able to see an F-14 in real life at an airshow. No demonstration, just on the ground. It is a big plane but when I looked at it head on it surprised me how thin it looked. It's a wing with engines!

Skoop

I'd love to see a Vietnam 60's era map.  After Asid's rave of the milvis phantom for p3d, I started craving some Vietnam era airwar simming.  Then it just dawned on me how lacking the options are right now.  DCS Vietnam with a study level phantom would be great, not to mention all the platforms we already have that fit the era As well as the free skyhawk mod.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Skoop on January 11, 2019, 09:44:04 PM
I'd love to see a Vietnam 60's era map.  After Asid's rave of the milvis phantom for p3d, I started craving some Vietnam era airwar simming.  Then it just dawned on me how lacking the options are right now.  DCS Vietnam with a study level phantom would be great, not to mention all the platforms we already have that fit the era As well as the free skyhawk mod.
Vietnam would fit even just for the F86 and Mig15  O0
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

don't forget the iconic  Huey is already there  ^-^

i also would like to have a Bronco

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MikeGER on January 15, 2019, 06:44:10 AM
don't forget the iconic  Huey is already there  ^-^

i also would like to have a Bronco

There is speculation Razbam is working on the Bronco. They posted a picture yesterday showing a cockpit and broncos on the flight line.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

I am now able to successfully startup the F/A-18, taxi on a carrier, launch, take out two Mig-21s and land.

I now need to look at counter measures to stop being shot down and BVR engagement. Then I'll ramp up the opposition.

Love this baby - but it's just making me wet for the Tomcat tbh.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 17, 2019, 07:08:20 AM
I am now able to successfully startup the F/A-18, taxi on a carrier, launch, take out two Mig-21s and land.

I now need to look at counter measures to stop being shot down and BVR engagement. Then I'll ramp up the opposition.

Love this baby - but it's just making me wet for the Tomcat tbh.

I'm very comfortable with the Hornet too...which concerns me about the tomcat. The F14 cockpit is so analog, it is practically medieval. It's going to be hard to go back to flying a plane, as opposed to being in one that flies you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog