Jenna Elfman AMA

Started by mirth, April 13, 2017, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Cynicology - where do I sign up?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

If you are asking then you are already a member.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Yeah, I think I'm on the founding board.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

While that AMA went predictably off the rails, one wonders about the anti-Scientology lynch mob that felt the need to register for Reddit just to comment-bomb Elfman's AMA with the goal of being asshats.  Moreover, in addition to upvoting all their own questions-they-knew-she'd-never-answer, they downvoted all of her responses to legit questions, which buried them, and turned the entire exercise in a borderline-4Chan exercise in useless idiotic snark.  Good for you, Mr anti-Scientology Crusader.  What actually changed as a result of your asshattery on this AMA?  Anything?  No?  Just you being a public asshat?  {golf clap}
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

The other side of it is apparently a large number of accounts were created to ask "softball" questions. Those accounts signed off en masse when the AMA ended and were likely setup by other Scientologists.

Anyway, it's Reddit - the wild west of the internet. If you're going to do an AMA, you should be prepared for shit like that. Elfman's publicists should have steered her away from that environment.

I've read plenty of AMAs and for the most part they provide some candid, thoughtful responses from the guests. And the users, on the whole are respectful and ask good questions.

Sir Slash

I always wanted to be a 'Cynicologist' but could never find the right size stirrups for my exam table.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

What size are your feet?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

It's not the size, it's what you do with the size.  :-*
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 14, 2017, 08:24:41 AM
While that AMA went predictably off the rails, one wonders about the anti-Scientology lynch mob that felt the need to register for Reddit just to comment-bomb Elfman's AMA with the goal of being asshats.  Moreover, in addition to upvoting all their own questions-they-knew-she'd-never-answer, they downvoted all of her responses to legit questions, which buried them, and turned the entire exercise in a borderline-4Chan exercise in useless idiotic snark.  Good for you, Mr anti-Scientology Crusader.  What actually changed as a result of your asshattery on this AMA?  Anything?  No?  Just you being a public asshat?  {golf clap}

The Church of Scientology and the Anonymous guys had some back & forth years ago.  As far as I know, they've been at each other for awhile now.

I think the Church of Conmen deserve the crap they receive.  Couldn't have happened to a better domestic cult.  That AMA has entertainment value.