Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

I haven't heard of something that cool since Counter Strike: Condition Zero. You could plug any created map into it and the "turtle" AI software would path all the bots to use the map. Different game type but similar creative flexibility for the user.

Jo B

for to plan the scenario on the map you find this tool in the Garage to compare 2 Tanks. The distance can be set wit the ruler on bottom center.
On top it shows the probability to penetrate the six parts of armor on the set distance.

Jo B

Quote from: mbar on August 29, 2019, 12:24:32 PM
I haven't heard of something that cool since Counter Strike: Condition Zero. You could plug any created map into it and the "turtle" AI software would path all the bots to use the map. Different game type but similar creative flexibility for the user.

thanks  :)

Jo B

a next picture from inside the garage. I had to renew the lighting for then new Render Pipline. Looks a bit brighter compared to the last Garage picture. Also showing the first German riders on a Panther. Notice the heavy frontal Panther armor. There is always a little chance for the grenade is a Dud.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jo B

the Panther:
the hatch is open so he can fire the AAMG but can not use the Smokedispenser and can not use the Nahverteidignungswaffe (Long Vehicle) in close combat. the red movement number indicates problems to start the engine. But altleast not tends to start burning as in it's D version. The very powerfull 75mm very long gun will destroy most enmies on a hit.

the Jagd Panther:
Garage camera now rotated closer to the tank.
Hatch is closed so the symbol for the Nahverteidingungswaffe is not cover by the red 'not to use when open hatch' sign.

Jo B

Created a shader to replace the base color of a tank. so it would be possible to change the color
in game (without loading a new texture) to what ever new color. Here Dark Yellow on a Tiger E.

Jo B

another day in the garage. For steam screenshots I worked on the post processing effects.

Jo B

working on MGs, Rout animation, Garage lighting . Grafics starts with american riders.
the Möbelwagen with open and closed hatch.

al_infierno

This thread is like the social media feed of a brand new girlfriend.   :smitten:

Keep em coming!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jo B

Quote from: al_infierno on September 05, 2019, 01:05:24 PM
This thread is like the social media feed of a brand new girlfriend.   :smitten:

Keep em coming!

thanks

Scenario 'Le Cheateau 3'. Turns 1-5, (infantry only) 18 Minutes

Barthheart

That's awesome! Well done.

Not sure about the phone for the next phase button but everything else looks great.
:bd:

Jo B

Quote from: Barthheart on September 06, 2019, 07:21:35 AM
That's awesome! Well done.

Not sure about the phone for the next phase button but everything else looks great.
:bd:

thanks  :)

lost vs the AI in scenario 'Le Chateau 3'. I thought I rember how to win that. Lost the left wing leader,
was thrown out of the big building and when the russian starts to attack I felt ist time to quit in turn 7.

KyzBP

I love everything about this so far, especially the artwork.

If you feel like you need to keep the phone in there why not go with a field phone instead?