Character-ize yourself

Started by bayonetbrant, August 14, 2013, 08:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Lawful Neutral Human Sorcerer (7th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 10
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 12
Alignment:
Lawful Neutral- A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs him. Order and organization are paramount to him. He may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or he may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot. However, lawful neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all freedom, choice, and diversity in society.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Sorcerers- Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

You Are A:

Neutral Good Human Druid (6th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 12

Alignment:
Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Druids- Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

Some unexpected results. 

I'm mildly surprised by the Lawful Good alignment, as I'd have thought I was more Neutral Good (or perhaps even True Neutral).  As far as my ability scores go, I definitely got gypped on my Int score, while my Con score is admittedly probably a bit too high.  Class-wise, I have a hard time imagining my being a Fighter (although the Sorcerer is a reasonably good fit); on the flip side, I'm surprised I apparently scored so low for Bard, and that I didn't score higher for Wizard. 

QuoteYou Are A:

Lawful Good Human Fighter/Sorcerer (3rd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 9
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 12
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 11

Alignment:
Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:

Primary Class:
Fighters- Fighters can be many things, from soldiers to criminal enforcers. Some see adventure as a way to get rich, while others use their skills to protect the innocent. Fighters have the best all-around fighting capabilities of the PC classes, and they are trained to use all standard weapons and armor. A fighter's rigorous martial training grants him many bonus feats as he progresses, and high-level fighters have access to special melee maneuvers and exotic weapons not available to any other character.

Secondary Class:
Sorcerers- Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (20)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXX (6)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaos --- XXXXX (5)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Evil ---- X (1)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Elf ------ XXXX (4)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Halfling - XXXXXX (6)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXX (8 )
Half-Orc - XXXX (4)

Class:
Barbarian - (-23)
Bard ------ (-15)
Cleric ---- (-4)
Druid ----- (-25)
Fighter --- XXXX (4)
Monk ------ (-2)
Paladin --- XX (2)
Ranger ---- (-4)
Rogue ----- (-2)
Sorcerer -- XXXX (4)
Wizard ---- XX (2)

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

more thread necro!

I re-ran this b/c I was curious how it might change over time {and b/c I'm on a boring daily conf call}

Lawful Good Human Paladin/Bard {3rd/3rd Level}

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 14

Alignment:
Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:

Primary Class:
Paladins- Paladins take their adventures seriously, and even a mundane mission is, in the heart of the paladin, a personal test an opportunity to demonstrate bravery, to learn tactics, and to find ways to do good. Divine power protects these warriors of virtue, warding off harm, protecting from disease, healing, and guarding against fear. The paladin can also direct this power to help others, healing wounds or curing diseases, and also use it to destroy evil. Experienced paladins can smite evil foes and turn away undead. A paladin's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast. Many of the paladin's special abilities also benefit from a high Charisma score.

Secondary Class:
Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes {and villains} to witness heroic {or villainous} deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX {23}
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX {22}
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX {16}
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX {19}
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX {18}
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX {12}
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXX {9}
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXX {8}
Chaotic Evil ---- XX {2}

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXX {9}
Neutral - XXXXXXXX {8}
Chaos --- XX {2}

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX {14}
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX {10}
Evil ---- {0}

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX {14}
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX {12}
Elf ------ XXXXXXXX {8}
Gnome ---- XXXXXX {6}
Halfling - XXXXXXXX {8}
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXXX {10}
Half-Orc - XX {2}

Class:
Barbarian - XXXXXXXX {8}
Bard ------ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX {14}
Cleric ---- XXXXXXXX {8}
Druid ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX {12}
Fighter --- XXXXXXXXXX {10}
Monk ------ XXXX {4}
Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX {14}
Ranger ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX {12}
Rogue ----- XXXXXXXXXX {10}
Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXXXX {10}
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXX {8}
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Still neutral good:

Neutral Good Human Fighter/Paladin (4th/3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 15
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Interesting. I did the same and mine changed somewhat as well, but not greatly. My original was a Neutral Good Human Ranger, but since I usually play a ranger-type character in any RPG I may have biased the results when taking it the first time. On the retake, I lost points in Str and Con which honestly reflect some health issues since taking the original, however my big takeaway was going from Neutral Good to True Neutral. I think I've become more jaded about institutions and religions over the years and I suspect that influenced the ratings. Again, in RPG's dating back to my twenties I've always played in the Neutral-Neutral Good sphere so I suspect that's pretty accurate. And LOL at being a Bard....I've never cared for the class but in RL I have somewhat of a reputation as a storyteller  8)  Here are my updated results:

True Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (4th/3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 9
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 16

Alignment:
True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:

Primary Class:
Bards- Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.

Secondary Class:

Silent Disapproval Robot

You Are A:

Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard (7th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 14
Intelligence- 16
Wisdom- 13
Charisma- 11

Alignment:
Chaotic Neutral- A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal. However, chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

Race:

Class:
Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

JasonPratt

Please note that this thread of Brant's may be of some topical relevance and aid, in applying results accrued here.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!