Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Martok

Quote from: mirth on March 22, 2017, 01:18:10 PM
I have not drunk my pool!
...That we know of/can prove. 

Quote from: mirth on March 22, 2017, 01:42:38 PM
I just need to add enough bourbon.
Sigh.  A pity this solution isn't more applicable to other situations as well. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Quote from: Martok on March 22, 2017, 02:36:06 PM

Quote from: mirth on March 22, 2017, 01:42:38 PM
I just need to add enough bourbon.
Sigh.  A pity this solution isn't more applicable to other situations as well. 

I have yet to find a problem that solution doesn't work on.

Cyrano

Room booked.

This stuff right here is on...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

airboy

I booked a room at the StayBridge Suites Columbus Airport for the 13th - 18th.  I'll drive in to Origins.

bbmike

Ooh! The Columbus StayBridge! That's the one that was featured on Unsolved Mysteries!  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on March 23, 2017, 11:44:09 AM
Ooh! The Columbus StayBridge! That's the one that was featured on Unsolved Mysteries!  :-"

They found the Muskox that gave Mirth the childhood trauma of stealing his first crazy girlfriend?

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2017, 03:30:30 PM
new event grid just posted in the last day or so

http://originsgamefair.com/events/

Thanks!  I need to figure out what I want to do and register within the next 48 hours!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

no - event registration usually goes live mid-April or so
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

I worked on that spreadsheet for hours yesterday.  I managed to cut the events down to about 3000 that I had some interest in.  I've got a lot more cutting to do.

I think I'll be able to play nonstop Call of Cthulhu the entire week if I choose!

Barthheart

You gotta leave room for Command Post Wargaming! It's a real blast to play.