Star Citizen - Citizen Con Presentation - Only 7hrs long. Enjoying it.

Started by Destraex, November 01, 2017, 07:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

When I first played Elite, it was very early alpha. There was basically just a few training missions. However, I remember being awestruck by the visual and audio experience. The way the ships and objects moved through space, the flight physics, the Newtonian aspect of it all...it was just awesome. I stuck with it through development and sank countless hours into it, but I did eventually burn out and it ultimately felt like a very lonely universe and game. Space was just so vast,  and overwhelmingly empty. Although realistic, perhaps, it didn't make for a game with tremendous longevity. Additionally, there only seemed to be one reason to do anything...make money to buy larger ships. There was really nothing else to spend your money on, and this seemed to be a major problem with the in game economy. In any event,  It will always be on my hard drive and I do go back to it on occasion, but despite all the development over time, there is really no incentive for me to stick with it.

In Elite, everything happens between stations and bases. There is no action and no world to explore once you land or dock. In Star Citizen, there is a whole world to explore at the bases, stations, planets, and moons and these stops are critical to the overall world and advancement within the game. It comes much closer to realizing an authentic virtual universe. This is a key distinguishing feature of the two franchises and one that I think really sets SC apart.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

3.3.5 just went live and is out of PTU.

Expecting 3.4 in December.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18