Don’t FRIDAY around here no more

Started by Jarhead0331, June 07, 2019, 07:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

I'll be playing a lot of Hell Let Loose.  Great multiplayer shooter that emphasizes communication and teamwork.  Community seems to be filled with a lot of either ex military or current military folk.  Either that or people there really know how to talk the talk.  In any case Hell Let Loose is a thinking mans shooter with a mature player base.  I'm absolutely in love!

I've also got a Dominions 5 multiplayer game going with a guy from Civfanatics which should be good. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

al_infierno

Most likely Combat Mission: Berlin to Barbarossa.  <3 GOG
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

solops

Deity Empires
Deity Empires
Deity Empires

I cannot get away from it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

Quote from: W8taminute on June 07, 2019, 01:19:19 PM
I'll be playing a lot of Hell Let Loose.  Great multiplayer shooter that emphasizes communication and teamwork.  Community seems to be filled with a lot of either ex military or current military folk.  Either that or people there really know how to talk the talk.  In any case Hell Let Loose is a thinking mans shooter with a mature player base.  I'm absolutely in love!

I've also got a Dominions 5 multiplayer game going with a guy from Civfanatics which should be good.

Sounds much like Post Scriptum's community. I must admit, when I played Hell Let Loose BETA I did not get the impression the community was as military minded as Post Scriptums. I did not find my experience was as team or leadership based. Nobody on the servers I played on was talking much. May be the region I am in. I am happy I got to try both games PS and HLL. But I like PS better. HLL felt too battlefield and generic to me.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

So...what is solops playing this weekend?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Destraex on June 07, 2019, 07:41:39 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on June 07, 2019, 01:19:19 PM

Sounds much like Post Scriptum's community. I must admit, when I played Hell Let Loose BETA I did not get the impression the community was as military minded as Post Scriptums. I did not find my experience was as team or leadership based. Nobody on the servers I played on was talking much. May be the region I am in. I am happy I got to try both games PS and HLL. But I like PS better. HLL felt too battlefield and generic to me.

It could be due to the early access launch that there are a lot more players now than back in the BETA.  Time will tell if this game is successful or not.  I heard PS is free this weekend.  I might have to give it a try and compare the two games.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk