Total War: Three Kingdoms

Started by Nefaro, January 10, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Maybe this might help? It is the 2010 series. You get an idea about Cao Cao and Dong Zhuo, Lu Bu - The Yellow Turban Rebellion etc.

Also Kings and Generals on You Tube is a good place too.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

^Been looking for something like this, thanks for posting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Gusington

There's just so much great history-related stuff out there right now...I need to get better at time management.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I thought this movie was well done showing the events that led to the famous Battle at Red Cliffs.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

That movie has been in my Netflix queue for years :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: W8taminute on June 03, 2019, 02:53:03 PM
I thought this movie was well done showing the events that led to the famous Battle at Red Cliffs.

Seen it. LOVED IT.  I may have to see that again.

Nefaro

Went through a few turns in which my enemies just auto-peaced out on me just when I began invading them.

It was due to how much of a pushover the AI-on-AI vassalize diplo option is. 

The AI bastards began vassalizing other AIs left & right.  The diplo map just went nuts.  One turn I'm at war with a pair of nearly equal sized opponents, and their smaller vassals, but next turn I'm suddenly at peace with them all because some neutral put them under the yoke without a sweat.  On the same turn, my diplo relations with those who just vassalized my enemies tanked.  Very likely due to their newly acquired vassals hating me (after being in a war with them), so the diplo maluses also got slammed on.  WTF?

I expect some chaos but mass vassalizations, which also cause new conflict to erupt where there was none, got out of hand pretty quickly.  It's unfortunate that this crazy flip has briefly sent me to playing other games, as I really do like much of what TW3K is.

Hoping this is just an exceptional anomaly, and not the norm.  Although I did see some complaints about how easily the AI vassalizes others, so perhaps it's not WAI and will get adjusted. 

jomni

A lot of the factions including myself are now vassals of Yuan Shao. It's actually quite historically plausible as he led the coalition against Dong Zhuo. Let's see if Cao Cao breaks away and takes him out.

I've left settlements undefended and none of the factions opportunistically attacked them. These AI definitely respect the diplomatic status. Large armies of yellow turbans just passed by my settlements. I'm at odds with the "Independent-Han-Warlords-but-vassals-of-the-Dong-family" faction but they don't seem to be programmed to attack. I guess these insignificant guys are just fodder.

Looks like there's a patch to deal with Yuan Shao
https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.pcinvasion.com/amp/total-war-three-kingdoms-yuan-shao-vassal-nerf/

solops

I am interrupting this discussion to say that, as has been mentioned elsewhere, Nefaro's avatar creeps me out.
Well done.
But....bleeesh!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

glen55

Quote from: solops on June 07, 2019, 05:59:50 PM
I am interrupting this discussion to say that, as has been mentioned elsewhere, Nefaro's avatar creeps me out.
Well done.
But....bleeesh!

The creepy runs deep in that one.

https://elijahwoodiscreepy.tumblr.com/
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Nefaro

Quote from: solops on June 07, 2019, 05:59:50 PM
Well done.
But....bleeesh!

Terrific!  *wink wink*

;)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd