Larian is teasing: Baldur's Gate III?

Started by CJReich46, May 31, 2019, 08:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Anyone else think the beginning scene was similar to Aria walking through the torched streets of King's Landing?

Pete Dero

Sir Slash

Oh hell! I better get going on finishing BG 2 now. Again I mean." Minsc and Boo shall dig-out their old 'Butt-Kicking-for-Evil' boots once again".  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 06, 2019, 02:54:53 PM
Oh hell! I better get going on finishing BG 2 now. Again I mean." Minsc and Boo shall dig-out their old 'Butt-Kicking-for-Evil' boots once again".  :knuppel2:

"Go for the eyes Boo!"  *squeaks* I have always wanted a Giant Space Hamster ever since.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

:2funny:  And when you tell him to, 'Hide in the Shadows', "None...can...see...me, though my battle cry may give me away". Love it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Just had a few 'hmmm....I wonder if' thoughts.  Will the new game pick up where BG2 left off? Same cast of NPC's? Or will it start with an altogether new storyline? Will if stick to the 'create only one character' then fill out your party with NPC's like BG1-2, or will you be able to create a full party out of the gate?

jamus34

From what I read ( RPS has a pretty in depth read) it takes place 100 yrs in the future so it will have little direct ties to BG2.

A lot has changed in the WotC canon since then plus 2nd edition rules are quite outdated.
Insert witty comment here.

Rayfer

Quote from: jamus34 on June 07, 2019, 07:29:50 AM
From what I read ( RPS has a pretty in depth read) it takes place 100 yrs in the future so it will have little direct ties to BG2.

A lot has changed in the WotC canon since then plus 2nd edition rules are quite outdated.

I'm actually glad to hear this. As much as I enjoyed the two originals, I was hoping they would go off into a new storyline with new NPC's.