Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Fantastic run of luck last night. Pulled wins* in evetything I took out to sea w/the exception of the Graf Spee which I admittedly put into situations it shouln't be in.

*=My team won so therefore XP and money. My survival rate is atrocious at this point in time.  :P

MengJiao

at puis, the Duguay-Truoin encore:

DennisS

For grins...I went back and purchased the tier III US Cruiser, the St. Louis. MAN is that thing a beast! No torps, but 20 big guns. Main guns. Heh heh...It eats destroyers like a wolf eats rabbits.

MengJiao

Quote from: DennisS on February 22, 2018, 10:15:25 PM
For grins...I went back and purchased the tier III US Cruiser, the St. Louis. MAN is that thing a beast! No torps, but 20 big guns. Main guns. Heh heh...It eats destroyers like a wolf eats rabbits.

The Bogatyr is similar: rows of 130mm guns,which makes for booming action in the lower tiers.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 22, 2018, 10:28:54 PM
Quote from: DennisS on February 22, 2018, 10:15:25 PM

The Bogatyr is similar: rows of 130mm guns,which makes for booming action in the lower tiers.

Bogatyr:

MengJiao

HMS Leander, Mark IX torpedoes and reasonable guns (and a SMOKE SCREEN):

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on February 26, 2018, 12:28:09 AM

And huge vulnerable citadels.  Although it's not as bad, at that tier, as the highest British cruisers up at T8 through T10.

I laid off playing my Tier 9 because I was regularly getting citadel'd by enemy blind fire into my smoke, even.   >:(  Hell, I was regularly doing it to enemy Brit cruisers in those top tier matches, too. 

DennisS

Quote from: Nefaro on February 26, 2018, 11:05:44 AM

And huge vulnerable citadels.  Although it's not as bad, at that tier, as the highest British cruisers up at T8 through T10.

I laid off playing my Tier 9 because I was regularly getting citadel'd by enemy blind fire into my smoke, even.   >:(  Hell, I was regularly doing it to enemy Brit cruisers in those top tier matches, too.

I am running the Danae at this point, will upgrade here in a couple of thousand points. You say that their citadels are an issue? Hmmm.....

Shelldrake

Yep, Leander is not too bad but Neptune is one big floating citadel that is no fun to play.  :tickedoff:
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: DennisS on February 26, 2018, 11:59:00 AM

I am running the Danae at this point, will upgrade here in a couple of thousand points. You say that their citadels are an issue? Hmmm.....

At Tier 8 you'll start regularly receiving citadels, but if you're enough of a sneaky bastard, your increased ROF and guns will help make up for it - if you don't get screwed (up-tiered) by the matchmaker, that is.  Which happens quite often at Tier 8 nowadays, so.. *shrug*

If you check the armor boxes in port, switching down to the citadel filter, you'll see that those T8+ Brit cruisers are just one big citadel, with a large part of it sticking up well above the waterline amidship.  Just enough armor to make BB guns murder you from nearly any angle.  Even poorly aimed ones.

At Tier 9 it really started to hurt.  Even only firing while hidden in smoke, I was still taking huge citadel hits from people spraying inaccurate blind fire into that smoke.  Now that they've nerfed firing in smoke, which was that line's only reliable way to fight in those high tiers, it's probably worse.

I found myself trying to hide more often in those high-tier British cruisers than in some of my destroyers.  Figured I'd just rather run a flimsly little destroyer after I got up that high in tiers.  At least those don't have citadels.  ;D

Tier 7 is the British cruiser sweet spot.  That's where it's strongest.  The higher ones have more/faster guns but their survivability goes way down.  Especially due to the big guns and excessive amount of aircraft flying around to spot you at high tier.

MengJiao

Quote from: DennisS on February 26, 2018, 11:59:00 AM

You get smoke for the Emerald and the Leander so you function as a super DD.  I much prefer the RN cruisers to Russian or American Cruisers thanks to fantastic torpedoes and SMOKESCREENS.  I many not go much higher than Tier 7 or 8 anyway.

Dammit Carl!

I'd like to at least get to Tier 10 in at least one Wargaming game. I've been languishing at T7-T8 with tanks for years as I've got a love/hate relationship with WoT and can never stick with it long.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2018, 06:48:48 PM
I'd like to at least get to Tier 10 in at least one Wargaming game. I've been languishing at T7-T8 with tanks for years as I've got a love/hate relationship with WoT and can never stick with it long.

Last I played of Warships, I had recently unlocked Yamato.  The post-battle cost for replacing it's ammunition made it's rewards suck in comparison to others at T10.  Even with Premium time, it always felt like I was breaking too close to even on credit rewards per battle.   :tickedoff:  Was more for an occasional troll battle where completely deleting an enemy cruiser, from 20km, has occurred numerous times.  >:D

My most enjoyable T10 was ze German cruiser Hindenberg.  Right in the sweet spot, that one.  :bd:  When I eventually return to playing WoWs again, it will probably be due to memories of enjoying that one so often.

DennisS

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2018, 06:48:48 PM

I got to a tier nine TD...then stopped playing. Too much stress on HAVING to do well, just to afford the resupply. I'll keep with tier 4, 5, and 6. My Russian TD line, the SU-85 and 100 win about 64% of the time. Yes...that high! The only camparable winning percentage is the German Marder II and Hetzer...I just seem to do well with these guys.

Dammit Carl!

Amen on the Marder II, but I've never forgiven Wargaming for nerfing her like they did waaaayyyy back a million years ago.  Still won't sell it, but it ain't what it used to be.

Can't explain it, but boats and their grinds, are just more "easy," for me to deal with as opposed to tanks.  Figure it's the way that Wargaming are constantly tweaking tanks & introducing "paper," tanks and maybe even the player base with that game that turns me off tanks sooner rather than later.  Dunno.  Think I made this complaint before too.

Anyhoo...sorry for the derail on my part.