Main Menu

Sawed off FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, December 14, 2018, 06:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

This weekend I will be playing, 'Survive and advance,' in the fantasy football playoffs.  IRL, I will be doing some traveling to friends and the grocery store.  Any gaming will most likely be Warlock:Master of the Arcane.  I have eliminated all my rivals and now I await the wrath of the gods.  Happy weekend, Grogs!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

nelmsm

Wife is out of town until sometime late Sunday afternoon or early evening and I'm off work today so besides a few household chores and some things to do at the Elks Lodge tonight and tomorrow morning I can play whatever tickles my fancy.  Did pick up DC:Barbarossa and Golden Century for EUIV so both of them will get some time and then I don't know what, just that it will be something.

Rayfer

MD....good song, but talk about depressing lyrics, holy crap, makes you want to crawl in a hole never come out. Been playing Stellaris with the LeGuin 2.2 update but without the Megacorp expansion.  Game plays different now including planetary management, expansion and trade/economy.  Only a few hours in so I'm not sure if I like it more or less.

Barthheart

Quote from: Rayfer on December 14, 2018, 08:27:17 AM
... Been playing Stellaris with the LeGuin 2.2 update but without the Megacorp expansion.  Game plays different now including planetary management, expansion and trade/economy.  Only a few hours in so I'm not sure if I like it more or less.

Same here, but I think I'm starting to like the changes. Really takes some thinking to get to a large empire now without just blindly spam settling every system. Will definitely be getting the MegaCorp DLC soonish...

About to start 3 weeks off ... so lots of different stuff to be played over the holidays.  :D

W8taminute

Good tune MD. 

I'll continue to be playing Battlefield V this weekend.  Air combat is actually not that bad even though it's not as sophisticated as say the IL-2 series.  Gonna try using a joystick to see if it is better than mouse and keyboard.

Just started a new PBEM of To End All Wars playing as the French.  We just completed turn 2 and the Germans have begun the Schliefen plan.  Not sure what's going on over at the eastern front.

I'll also probably be watching some YouTube videos of war game reviews/playthroughs by calandale and The Players Aid.  Good stuff.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

After a relatively dry week of gaming thanks to the Mrs. hogging the machine to finish up her MBA (so, so selfish), I think I might be able to get some trigger time in Rising Storm 2.

At least there doesn't seem to be snow in the forecast this weekend.

Stay safe folks, and have fun!

MengJiao

Quote from: nelmsm on December 14, 2018, 07:38:01 AM
Wife is out of town until sometime late Sunday afternoon or early evening and I'm off work today so besides a few household chores and some things to do at the Elks Lodge tonight and tomorrow morning I can play whatever tickles my fancy.  Did pick up DC:Barbarossa and Golden Century for EUIV so both of them will get some time and then I don't know what, just that it will be something.

DC Barbarossa sound fun.  I'm going to play Steam and Iron: Russo-Japs (trying to evoke the nightmares Jackie Fisher had when he commanded the RN Fleet in the Med and was very worried about dealing with French torpedo boats -- he broke all the rules of course and said "say, what about some contact mine fields?").  I haven't played Steam and Iron in quite a while and I find it quite lovely -- it's like Jackson Pollock is trying to kill you.

jamus34

Let's see...

Bonus just hit so I'm looking at a new tv for the man cave.

Still have a lot of minis to paint. Probably going to miss my goal of having them done by Christmas but so be it.

Want to hit up the Matrix holiday sale to fill out my catalogue of games I'll probably never play.

Beyond that, for actual game play looking at Spiderman, Stardew Valley and maybe some grand strategy vicky 2, eu4 or HoI4

Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Pike & Shot: Campaigns, the Gustavus Adolphus campaign. Because I am feeling fancy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

I think i will play some Stellaris. Started a new game with 2.2 and slowly growing while learning the new planet management system. It's a fairly slow game but that's ok. I am building up my third colony and will see how this affects migration. Curious, one of my AI empires proposed a non-agression pact (which i accepted) and i still have no idea how i can propose one....

I think i will also continue my Gengis Khan campaign in Oriental Empires (still very early).

And then, i'll have a look at my very large library of games and might play something else afterwards.

DoctorQuest

Busy real life weekend. Saturday is the 21st annual family Christmas cookie party. Not a cookie exchange. We invite friends over to my daughter's house (she is in charge of the shindig) to decorate a variety of cookies. Food, fun and fellowship. Good times. Sunday is off to see my son in "Seasonal Allergies" a holiday themed comedy at the local playhouse.

Might get a little gaming in here and there but nothing too heavy.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

Save me some of those X-Mas cookies Quest.  :notworthy:   TOAW 4's Operation Torch for me to get the hang of Naval Combat in this game. Rome 2 if I'm in an 'ancients' mood.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Hofstadter

Exhausted hof. Three interviews this week. If I'm not sleeping im playing Squad and day z.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

-budd-

PBEM games on hold as my pbem partner is out of town.
Will be playing some Armored Brigade, new map and database released from some modders.
SC:WAW, playing the release version, see how the 14 day turns and map work for me.
Picked up Wars of Napoleon, so going to give AGEOD engine another try.
Probably some 7 Days to Die also, still exploring A17
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

Quote from: -budd- on December 14, 2018, 07:10:54 PM
PBEM games on hold as my pbem partner is out of town.
Will be playing some Armored Brigade, new map and database released from some modders.
SC:WAW, playing the release version, see how the 14 day turns and map work for me.
Picked up Wars of Napoleon, so going to give AGEOD engine another try.
Probably some 7 Days to Die also, still exploring A17

Let me know if you have any questions or need any pointers.  I love the AGEOD engine despite it's age and have many hours of experience under my belt. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk