Main Menu

DayZ

Started by Tpek, December 16, 2013, 04:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Yes it is. The statement by the dev should be listened to: The only people who should buy the game now are those willing to actively help in its development.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tuna

But JD, you're not a fan of Multiplayer, and especially Multiplayer where everyone's trying to kill YOU!....

Zombies are the least of your worries in this game!

JudgeDredd

I have nothing to fear from anyone...I have nothing  :D

Besides this is different - this is a huge map with a lot of space to move about - you could go ages without seeing another player

And it's not the bunny hopping kill fest that CoD and BF are...I'm too old for those games - this one needs you to use your nonce
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 27, 2014, 05:16:04 PM
And it's not the bunny hopping kill fest that CoD and BF are...I'm too old for those games - this one needs you to use your nonce

Oh how I loathe those bunny-hopping style FPSes anymore.

JudgeDredd

Exactly why I bought into this online game...It seems like a more mature shooter. People will attack you from great distances, you have the chance to run...the other day I saw someone chasing someone else...looked like the chaser had an axe...next thing a few shots rang out and the chaser was dropped. Seems someone had a conscience and decided to help the guy being chased. I didn't even see anyone go to the dead body and the guy being chased just kept running...I presume thinking someone was shooting at him!

By the way....how DO you escape Zombies. Seems they carry on chasing. I must have ran a good couple of kilometres turned round and could see in the distance the zombies still running after me. Also I went in a house to look about and whilst I was in there I heard zombies...came out and the buggers had caught up with me

I haven't managed to kill one yet because the one time I had a weapon (the single solitary time) it was a kitchen knife and it was about as useful for killing as the battery I had.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

over at RPS their running a 3 or 4 parter i think, that isnt finished yet, called the Saline Bandit - the players aim was to create a posse and protect each other - she currently has 5 in her team and her stories are a great read

Yskonyn

Most people gather around Elektro, Cherno and Balota. North is the 'quiet place' but everything South of Green Mountain is pretty dangerous.

Zombies will clip through walls and as of a patch or two ago will also climb stairs, so don't expect to be safe inside.
If you keep on running , they will eventually give up or you run outside of their 'action range'. LOS does not yet work correctly so they will continue to chase you if you run via alleys out of their sight.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

On the other hand...

...at the minute there seems so little to do that some numpty will shoot you, when you've spent almost an hour running about unsuccessfully looking for kit - even though you have nothing of interest to him.  ::)
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Go up north to the military bases and you get to stock up rather easily and safely compared to the towns in the south.

Toonces

Might be time to dust it off...I bought it in early access like 4 years ago but haven't played it since!   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs