It Never FRIDAYs In Southern California

Started by Moreb, April 26, 2019, 12:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

OK. So the title is a bit of a stretch but how else am I to get Mr. Hammond in a FRIDAY thread?

Just worked 18 hours straight so I am off today to catch up on some sleep and then the game of my choice which is still undecided. Maybe some Mius front, maybe fire up WitP since Toonces started talking about Uncommon Valor again. Either way, off today.

Tomorrow night taking the daughter to see Miss Saigon at the beautiful Fox Theater in St. Louis. She has always wanted to go see a musical and I figured I could stomach this one. We shall see.

Saw Roger Waters here in '85. Best. Show. Ever. Had first row then.

When dongles fly? - mirth

FlickJax

Off to watch End Game tonight :)  and then red wine session at my Uncles tomorrow so Sunday could be a groggy blurr :)

Pete Dero

In contrast with Southern California it will rain for the next 3 days in Belgium so : Imperator Rome and Field Of Glory II.

Jarhead0331

Imperator, Stellaris, DCS and Star Citizen.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Weekend again?  I've lost all track of time this month.

Anyhoo, I've tons of things to do around the house - both inside and out - so gaming time may suffer accordingly.

Having said that, I've got all the ARMA goodies re-loaded and I'm still waffling on what DCS goods to get (but something will be gotten fer dang sure) so time for some serious mil-sim fun!

JasonPratt

It should be noted that while Aggressors doesn't have multiplayer (yet), Imperator works hard to remind you that the engine does feature multiplayer!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2019, 05:59:14 AM
Imperator, Stellaris, DCS and Star Citizen.

I thought about getting something in DCS since it seems to be having a monster Steam Sale, but...I'm really a sort of trapped-in-WWII kind of person so I got the U-2VS in Battle of X(Kuban for me these days) so this week-end-- World of Warships, Battle of X and some boardgames.

Anguille

Will most likely play Stellaris (hoping it's not going to crash again...it's been crashing every day at least once during the last week) and probably some Europe Universalis: Rome.

On sunday, i'll be leaving for a business trip and i think i'll start to play For the Glory (Europa Univeralis II) as Bosnia (because that's where i am going to) on my travel computer. Tempted to insall Europa Universalis: Rome on it as well...

Gusington

Field of Glory 2, Rome 2 TW - Wrath of Sparta, and AssCreed - Odyssey, finally 😀

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DoctorQuest

Thanks to the advice from planetbrain on the DXWND utility I have managed to get Search and Rescue 4 and Vietnam Medi-Vac to run on my rig. These are great helicopter sims and deserve to be on Steam or GOG. The graphics are really not bad for older sims. Vietnam Medi-Vac really gives you an interesting perspective on that conflict. Gotta luv the Huey......
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Huw the Poo

There will be plenty more Minecraft this evening.  One of our group, Richard, stands accused of murdering our pet zombie (Frank), so we have built a jail, courthouse and execution chamber for his trial and inevitable guilty verdict (I'm the judge).  Tonight promises to be fun!

Besides that, I've been poking and prodding at Driftland: The Magic Revival.  Still not sure how I feel about it but I'm still playing, which says something.  I also bought Helium Rain recently and almost instantly regretted it.  I'll play a bit more until just before the two hour refund window closes before I make up my mind, but I wish I'd bought Evochron Legacy instead.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 26, 2019, 10:14:48 AM

Besides that, I've been poking and prodding at Driftland: The Magic Revival.  Still not sure how I feel about it but I'm still playing, which says something.  I also bought Helium Rain recently and almost instantly regretted it.  I'll play a bit more until just before the two hour refund window closes before I make up my mind, but I wish I'd bought Evochron Legacy instead.

We've talked a bit about Helium Rain around here. On paper, it should be a fairly good game, but I've struggled getting into it...for some reason, it just feels hollow and soulless...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

It never rains in California but it snows in Wisconsin.  5 to 7 inches of the heavy stuff.  In late April.  Five days after I drained the gas and oil from the snow blower and put away for the summer.
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=157&y=147&site=mkx&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=157&map_y=147#.XMMyX-hKiUk

However, this enforced time indoors will give me a chance to work on some playtesting and continue my cross-country flight in the Steerman (formerly a Piper Cub).  Plus a FtF game of GMT's "A Distant Plain" on Sunday.  Of course, this is all after I refill the snow blower with gas and oil >:(
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2019, 10:23:50 AM
We've talked a bit about Helium Rain around here. On paper, it should be a fairly good game, but I've struggled getting into it...for some reason, it just feels hollow and soulless...

I couldn't have said it better.  It utterly failed to grab me.  I will give it a bit more time before asking for a refund but I'm not hopeful.

Moreb

Quote from: Tripoli on April 26, 2019, 11:34:31 AM
It never rains in California but it snows in Wisconsin.  5 to 7 inches of the heavy stuff.  In late April.  Five days after I drained the gas and oil from the snow blower and put away for the summer.
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?x=157&y=147&site=mkx&zmx=&zmy=&map_x=157&map_y=147#.XMMyX-hKiUk

However, this enforced time indoors will give me a chance to work on some playtesting and continue my cross-country flight in the Steerman (formerly a Piper Cub).  Plus a FtF game of GMT's "A Distant Plain" on Sunday.  Of course, this is all after I refill the snow blower with gas and oil >:(

Yikes. I just cut the grass for the third time this morning. Sure ya betcha.
When dongles fly? - mirth