Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 03, 2017, 07:11:15 PM
If you look reallllllly close you can see the word 'RESERVED' in Kanji script stenciled on the decks, surrounded by the outline of an F-35.

lol
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

I bet they could hold a 100+ Zeros.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

besilarius

Monitor versus Merrimack.
Skip to 45 for the combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7wIDslzGQU
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteIJN Kaga, from the stern, with view of horizontal stacks

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

besilarius

6 May, 1964.
USS Decatur has an underway replenishment accident.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"With your eyes closed?"

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteUSS Oriskany on fire October 1966.

mirth

QuoteHMS Erin in a floating dry dock, circa 1918.

mirth

QuoteDestroyer HMS BROKE in drydock at Tyneside showing damage sustained at the Battle of Jutland, 1916.

Barthheart

That's broke alright!  :hide:

mirth

QuoteKamikaze Near Miss on USS Sangamon CVE-26 off Ryukyu Islands May 1945

mirth

QuoteUSS Forrestal (CVA-59) awaits her turn to refuel while operating in the Mediterranean Sea during the Jordanian crisis, 29 April 1957. USS Caloosahatchee (AO-98) is ahead, with USS Lake Champlain (CVA-39) and USS Salem (CA-139) alongside.

Staggerwing

Look at those shiny new Skywarriors on the deck. The Navy ended up keeping those big puppies in service until around the time Clinton took office.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

they were excellent ELINT platforms.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

besilarius

Broke also suffered damage to her bows in the Battle of the Dover Strait when she rammed the german destroyer G-85.
"I hit her at full speed almost at right angles abreast after funnel, port side, and she literally tore her side out and bent my stem to port."

Her captain, E R G R Evans was one of the great english eccentrics.  He actually was second in command of Captain Scot's expedition to the Pole, but had to turn back because Evans came down with scurvy.
Scott got to the Pole after Roald Amundsen, and he and all his party died.
During Dover Strait, Evans issued cutlasses to his men while the ships were entangled.
He took some criticism because members of his crew using steaming cups of cocoa to repulse the german boarders.
A clear violation of the Geneva Convention.

"With your eyes closed?"

Uberhaus

C'mon British cocoa isn't that bad.  It would have been a real crime to waste tea though.