Main Menu

Stellar Monarch

Started by solops, February 27, 2017, 04:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

The DLC is out. There have also been several patches. The official blurb:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ABOUT THE EXPANSION:
The Age of Technology expansion focuses on technology and science. New optional research mechanics (random technologies, hidden technologies, additional technologies), terraforming mechanic, new alien races, astro engineers, construction of megastructures and a few minor additions.

There is an option to disable the expansion for people who prefer to play without it and an option to enable only some of the features of the expansion, so everyone can customize the gameplay to his/her own taste.
MAJOR FEATURES:
Research mechanics improved (hidden technologies option, random technologies option, new technologies)
New asymmetric alien races (Hyberians, Mechatrons, Exotrians)
Astro Engineers who can construct megastructures and terraform planets
Megastructure: Imperial Battlestar (fearsome mobile battle station to strengthen your defences to ensure internal security)
Megastructure: Homeworld Reconstruction (turn Terra into Megacity planet)
Megastructure: Subspace Inhibitor (deal with those pesky The Hive once and for all)
Terraformation mechanic
Satellites mechanic
New planet types (Toxic and Steppe)
New Scientific Glorious Achievement
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Huw the Poo

I've had this game for ages and haven't touched it, to my shame.  I really need to have a go soon.

Geezer

I also have this and played it for a while when it first released.  Keep wanting to get back to it.  So many games, so little time...
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

solops

I forgot how fast this game moves once you get into it. I am addicted again :-)
It seems much more polished than it did a year ago. Stellar Monarch and Dominions 5 are eating all of my time - PROOF that graphics are not necessary for addictive gameplay.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

mbar

No. Stop making it sound good. I'll just add it to my collection.  O:-)

al_infierno

50% off on Steam right now.  I went ahead and grabbed it since I've been on a big 4X kick lately.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao