Sogno di Venerdi (Friday)

Started by Anguille, December 13, 2019, 05:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Going to finish my current campaign in Civilization VI (With Korea)...aiming for a space victory.

May check the tutorial of Imperator Rome which i just bought on GOG (winter sale).

Rest is still open.

Rayfer

Awesome song choice... :notworthy:   Hoping to spend more time with Field of Glory Empires.

Yskonyn

I agree on the song choice!  :bd:

FoG Empires MP game will trot along as well as our Civ 6 game. I am also busy with Mechwarrior 5 and Conan Exiles.

On PS4 I have restarted Read Dead Redemption 2 after ignoring it for quite a while and I need a refresher on the events. This time I have every  intention of playing regularly. Also I've been working on getting out of the base game area and into Iceborne in Monster Hunter World.

Then there is Tabletop BattleTech and a DnD 5th Edition campaign I am hosting. But nothing much will be done this weekend apart from drawing some maps and working on a few story items.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MengJiao

Quote from: Rayfer on December 13, 2019, 05:41:15 AM
Awesome song choice... :notworthy:   Hoping to spend more time with Field of Glory Empires.

Hmmm...FOG sounds good.  What's odd for me is that playing Unity of Command II made me think "What about regimental scale and half-day turns?" and now I'm playing Operational Art of War IV -- a very mixed bag of lots of scenarios -- but PBEM and smaller battles and shutting off the battle details makes it an okay game mostly.

So that and maybe some Post Scriptum and DCS.

JasonPratt

I love how the director is up there singing along with them! -- don't usually see that.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

BoC work and  Civil War 2 AAR.  Still puzzling over how to do a decent AAR in CMO.  I don't really want to do video, but sometimes video snippets work best in that game
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I also agree with the music choice!

Continuing with Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and Ancestors Legacy - have finally progressed far enough in the intro campaign and unlocked the other campaigns - Slavs, Teutonic Knights, Saladin, etc.

A game of Age of Empires II always threatens and looking to dabble a bit in Kingdoms and Castles too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

^what are your thoughts on Ancestors Legacy?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CJReich46

Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt

Possibles:

Field of Glory Empires
Field of Glory II - maybe a king of the hill battle is in order.

but I dunno really.  :-\
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

Ancestors Legacy is interesting enough to keep me coming back and the factions portrayed are a little different than what we usually get in games like this...having a Slav and Teutonic campaign is what sold me. Graphics are solid and the game runs well.

That said, the voice acting is a little amateurish and cliched, and I am starting to see that each mission in the campaign chain is pretty similar: seize this, built that, kill them. I have not set up a skirmish game yet.

For those that enjoy medieval history and warfare it will be a worthwhile game. It's not really groundbreaking in what I've played so far, but it is worth the roughly 15.00 I paid for it. And I liked the base game enough to get the Saladin DLC for 4.00.

So if the idea of a medieval Company of Heroes gets your loins moist, Ancestors Legacy will too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Stellar Monarch and Dominions 5. I hope to find time to try the patched version of TW Warhammer II.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

The Wife's Christmas Party Saturday night, free food and drinks, so I'll be playing the Hangover Game come Sunday.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

matt3916

Solops -- Please let us (well, me anyway) know your opinion of the new DLC for Stellar Monarch.

JasonPratt

^^ Same. I want to get into the game, but for some reason the few times I've loaded it up, I bounced off it. No idea why.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

PBEM turns, FOG2 as the Arabs, BA playing a WW1 scenario as the Germans, and Brother vs Brother i'm the Union. I'll probably keep playing SCWW1 and find a game i can shoot stuff in, maybe Killing Floor 2 with the holiday theme or jump back into Doom 2016, although the newest Doom isn't really grabbing me but i feel compelled to finish it and i'm halfway through. I was going to start Warplan again but looks like the patch isn't coming out before next week, dang it.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.