Addiction to Dice: A Dice Masters Anonymous Thread

Started by BanzaiCat, April 17, 2015, 09:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

So my name is Banzai_Cat and I cannot stop buying Dice Masters expansion packs.

Anyone else playing Dice Masters? So far I've grabbed the base sets for D&D and Uncanny X-Men. I've bought about 25 expansion packs for D&D and ten for Uncanny X-Men so far. They're super cheap (a dollar a pack), and I haven't bought everything at once, so the pain of purchasin' hasn't been that bad thus far. (Though it will sneak up on me one day and I'll go, "I bought how many of those damn things?")

Anyway, as a noob to this stuff, where are the rest of you at in your collecting? I was thinking I needed three dice per card before I could use them in the game, but LB tells me 2-4 are fine. Just curious what the rest of you are doing. I assume it does not matter what you do in D&D, or X-Men, or Avengers, as it's pretty much the same game with a different wrapper around it.

LongBlade

I've been playing it and really enjoying it.

So far I'm only collecting the D&D set, but in tournaments there are folks combining the X-Men with D&D with some success. I may have to look at that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

I've considered getting the base X-Men set and checking it out sometime.  But I don't think I could find an opponent here, as dice games generally get a big "Meh" from family and friends. 

Staggerwing

Quote from: LongBlade on April 17, 2015, 09:22:24 AM

So far I'm only collecting the D&D set, but in tournaments there are folks combining the X-Men with D&D with some success. I may have to look at that.

Funny- I could swear some guy on the radio was saying something just like that recently.  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on April 17, 2015, 05:07:06 PM
I've considered getting the base X-Men set and checking it out sometime.  But I don't think I could find an opponent here, as dice games generally get a big "Meh" from family and friends.

It's a great 20 - 30 minute game, but if you can't get someone to play that's that.

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 17, 2015, 06:14:31 PM

Funny- I could swear some guy on the radio was saying something just like that recently.  ???

Brant, I think we found our one podcast listener!

bbmike

Quote from: LongBlade on April 18, 2015, 10:30:51 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 17, 2015, 06:14:31 PM

Brant, I think we found our one podcast listener!

Hey, there's more than one of us suffering through those things!  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat