Wing Leader: Supremacy 1943-1945 Charging soon!

Started by Barthheart, October 30, 2016, 02:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Once I get my paws on it we could try to arrange doing VASSAL?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 23, 2016, 05:44:06 PM
Once I get my paws on it we could try to arrange doing VASSAL?

That is a distinct possibility!

Barthheart

Oh.... with SDR and I we could get a small tourney going.  :D

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm sure to win the zero tally scenic cloud bank tour award.

Yskonyn

Good idea but regarding my timezone it will have to be a PBeM setup in that case!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Oh, yeah, PBEM is the best way. Live is faster but we're not in a hurry.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yskonyn

Great! I'll report in once I get my copy.
Do you guys plan on playing Supremacy or Victories?

Barthheart

Nefaro

This was supposedly sent out before Xmas, as listed in the GMT update:

We've finished all P500 shipping of these early December releases.

Clash of Giants: Civil War
C&C Napoleonics Expansion 6: Epic Napoleonics
Wing Leader: Supremacy

We are in the midst of P500 shipping for the following three games, and should be finished by this Friday, December 30.

Comancheria
No Retreat Reprint Edition
Twilight Struggle 2016 Reprint

Early December?

I've still not received any shipping notification from USPS of anything having been shipped.  Unless they came back and sent it today & the tracking just hasn't caught up yet this afternoon.  But who knows since they give no info.  Hell, I still have GMT game orders listed as not having been shipped from a couple years ago on their site.    :idiot2: 

I hope GMT's new shipping system, which they keep talking about implementing, comes with shipping notifications & tracking numbers when they finally get it done.  I'm not even in a big hurry to play these games ASAP, but having to keep tabs on when & whether it shows up, and make sure it doesn't get left in the rain/snow/thievery/wrong place, grates at my nerves with such non-existent shipping info and a one- to two-month expected arrival period.   :pullhair:

First world problems.  No time for love, Doctor Jones.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Silent Disapproval Robot

I contacted GMT to see what they had to say regarding shipping notifications and their recent posting saying that all early December titles had shipped.  They told me they'd made a mistake and that they listed the wrong titles and were still in the process of shipping out Wing Leader.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 29, 2016, 03:04:01 AM
I contacted GMT to see what they had to say regarding shipping notifications and their recent posting saying that all early December titles had shipped.  They told me they'd made a mistake and that they listed the wrong titles and were still in the process of shipping out Wing Leader.

That explains it.  Well done, sir. 

Some people on BGG started receiving theirs early last week.  So they've been in the process of shipping it for at least two weeks.  Must be pretty short-handed on the shipping side.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 27, 2016, 08:09:17 PM
Mine is on a UPS truck somewhere....

UPS has screwed it up....  On Tuesday, UPS tracking had the box in my town for delivery by "end of day."  Now tracking is saying it is 500 miles away, and won't be delivered until "end of day" Friday...  sigh...:(
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.