Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Wow! DC-3s are beautiful!

Back to the game! Turns have been sent. The deadline seems to be off still, but don't worry, that's because Llama never pulls a set deadline to the front for that turn if you alter it. So once all orders are sent in again it will automatically change back to the correct 24 and 48 hour interval respectively.

Great to be back! Let's march onwards!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

gameleaper

Well It felt like a long time since the last turn, so pleased to have got my turn today. I have so many spies now I will cover the entire map in a few turns :)

Nefaro

gameleaper

Quote from: Nefaro on March 27, 2013, 09:02:45 PM
Leaper's Spies!!!  Everywhere!!

HaHe, My spies look just like him :) good pic, is he one of those pig-dog you mentioned :)

byrdman57

Is there any way to check what I set my scales to now that the game is underway? I have a sinking feeling I didn't set them the way I intended to...

undercovergeek

go to your capital - the scales are on the info screen at the top of the screen - youll see the clover/skulls/logs or whatever up there

gameleaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2013, 04:48:35 AM
go to your capital - the scales are on the info screen at the top of the screen - youll see the clover/skulls/logs or whatever up there

I didnt know this either, thanks geek

Nefaro

I don't think the scales are stable, however.  I recall seeing my capital scales being different from where I've set them before.

byrdman57

Yeah, that's why I was confused. At least, I'm hoping that what the scales are showing are not what I set...

undercovergeek

Quote from: byrdman57 on March 29, 2013, 06:06:20 PM
Yeah, that's why I was confused. At least, I'm hoping that what the scales are showing are not what I set...

unless my choices were overwhelmingly awesome - my capital shows what i picked - ill concede this may be subject to change - but for now its what i ordered

oh and this last turn - poisoned my own army - awesome

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2013, 06:26:29 PM

Ha!  How on Earth did you manage that?!

Phobos

Your temperature scales change with the season.  Hotter in summer, colder in winter.

Certain events can change your luck scales for a few turns.  I have experienced an 'ill omen' event that set my luck scales to misfortune before.

There are probably other events that can do similar things.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 29, 2013, 06:39:52 PM

see my poisonous Hydras? yeah, dont march next to them if youre not immune to poison

The forces of Pythium are routing - WTF???? oh, see that big green cloud my commander is stood in the middle of - cough, wheeze, splutter

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 29, 2013, 06:39:52 PM

It can be surprisingly easy to cause friendly fire in battles, if you're flinging abilities and spells into an intermingled melee.  ;D  I thought Pythium had a lot of poison immune troops?  Maybe I'm thinking of the Early Age one.

Question!! -
Can I download and play some turns on my notebook pc without the anti-cheat thing flipping out?  Or should I only use my desktop that I've been doing turns on thus far?  I don't know if the save game file has some odd check like that.

Edit: Also - I plan to send any game messages through PM here on the boards, if that's okay with everyone.

Ubercat

I know that C'tis, where most troops have 50% poison immunity, isn't really a license to ignore poison. They still get messed up according to my past experience.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell