Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Well we are doing fast turns so far, but its only the begining, Probably a 100th of what we will be doing on turn 20. I have made a prophet now , I did forget but I remembered I forgot before I saw it in these posts, but I did want a powerfull profit not a scout prophet, so I did not lose a step .

undercovergeek

what happens if we all send our turns in tonight (as looks likely) - will the next turn be expected on the 25th or will it trip to tomorrow causing ysk to be late?

parone

turn will resolve when all files are submitted.  but Ysko, being the admin, can alter the interval, and has done so, which means the game will not autohost until he gets back and gets squared away.

Ysko has admined before, so you need not worry(unless he gets crazy busy trying to visit every country in the world, which has happened before-right before Ulm crushed his puny winged...but i digress)

no worries, is the answer.  all is well.

undercovergeek

Quote from: parone on March 21, 2013, 04:41:01 PM
turn will resolve when all files are submitted.  but Ysko, being the admin, can alter the interval, and has done so, which means the game will not autohost until he gets back and gets squared away.

Ysko has admined before, so you need not worry(unless he gets crazy busy trying to visit every country in the world, which has happened before-right before Ulm crushed his puny winged...but i digress)

no worries, is the answer.  all is well.

ill go back to worrying about me troops then - thanks parone!

parone

and of course worrying about hu, right?  and his ermorian hordes, right.  you're worried about that, right?

gameleaper

When geek & hu clash, it will be in both AAR, if I remember your both doing right? who in the AAR will history remember the victor or not .

Huw the Poo

Sorry, but since I'm playing on Linux I can't take screenshots so there's little point in doing an AAR.  It would never have been anything to compare to Geek's anyway; he writes fantastic AARs! :)

parone

geek, link me up to your AAR!!! i love em.  i think i'd rather read a good AAR than actually play.  no, no think about it.  i would.

gameleaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 21, 2013, 05:35:27 PM
Sorry, but since I'm playing on Linux I can't take screenshots so there's little point in doing an AAR.  It would never have been anything to compare to Geek's anyway; he writes fantastic AARs! :)

It will be fun to see the AAR after we play, although I may not feature to well :(

byrdman57

Lol yeah, not looking forward to the part where Midgard gets steamrolled  :'(

Nefaro

Quote from: byrdman57 on March 21, 2013, 08:26:18 PM
Lol yeah, not looking forward to the part where Midgard gets steamrolled  :'(

Looks like your pretender's army has been steamrolling the independents, judging by how much XP it's gained.  ;)

Phobos

Mercenaries have more experience than a starting commander.  In another 10 turns or so, they are unlikely to make it on the Hero list.

About heroic qualities: 

From what I can see, a lot of heroic qualities have open ended advancement.  The longer they remain on the list and the type of ability seems to influence the advancement of these abilities.  There may be a hard cap on the effect of these abilities, I don't know. 

Even if you commander is no longer on the list of heroes, they get to keep their heroic ability.  They will just not advance unless they make it on the list again.

Pretenders can not gain heroic abilities, even if they make it on the list of heroes.  I guess because they are special units, they don't need anything extra.

An example of heroic abilities:

One of my Eparchs has the heroic endurance trait.  He gained the reinvigoration ability, which restores fatigue every round.  Currently, he has Reinvigoration 2.  That does very little at the moment, as he is an old man and therefore generates more fatigue than a younger commander.  The heroic ability currently gives him the health and vitality of a younger man, so I am not complaining.  If he remains on the list of heroes for a time, his reinvigoration might reach an extraordinary level, possibly to the point where he can cast holy spells all day without breaking into a sweat.

Another Eparch gained the Awesome Presence ability.  This allows him to lead more troops as well as deterring attackers in melee with his sheer awesomeness.  Unfortunately, Eparchs can't lead troops, at all, so the bonus to the amount of units he can command does nothing (at least, not yet).  He does gain the Awe ability, which forces attackers in melee to make a morale check if they want strike him.  He currently has Awe +0, which I think means that a unit with morale 10 has a 50% chance to have their attack halted.  Units with lower morale are more likely to be effected, conversely elite units will have few problems punching my old man in the face.  Awe does not effect mindless units, nor does it prevent people from firing missiles or spells at the unit.  If this unit remains on the list of heroes for a time, his awe ability could reach impressive levels.  However, as the commander is an old guy in robes, that prefers to hide behind a wall of Voi militia, this ability is not as impressive as could have been on another unit.

There are a number of other heroic abilities.  I just wanted to explain what the red stars indicated for those players lucky enough to have earned a hero with a special ability.

gameleaper

Quote from: Phobos on March 21, 2013, 11:44:29 PM
Mercenaries have more experience than a starting commander.  In another 10 turns or so, they are unlikely to make it on the Hero list.

About heroic qualities: 

From what I can see, a lot of heroic qualities have open ended advancement.  The longer they remain on the list and the type of ability seems to influence the advancement of these abilities.  There may be a hard cap on the effect of these abilities, I don't know. 

Even if you commander is no longer on the list of heroes, they get to keep their heroic ability.  They will just not advance unless they make it on the list again.

Pretenders can not gain heroic abilities, even if they make it on the list of heroes.  I guess because they are special units, they don't need anything extra.

An example of heroic abilities:

One of my Eparchs has the heroic endurance trait.  He gained the reinvigoration ability, which restores fatigue every round.  Currently, he has Reinvigoration 2.  That does very little at the moment, as he is an old man and therefore generates more fatigue than a younger commander.  The heroic ability currently gives him the health and vitality of a younger man, so I am not complaining.  If he remains on the list of heroes for a time, his reinvigoration might reach an extraordinary level, possibly to the point where he can cast holy spells all day without breaking into a sweat.

Another Eparch gained the Awesome Presence ability.  This allows him to lead more troops as well as deterring attackers in melee with his sheer awesomeness.  Unfortunately, Eparchs can't lead troops, at all, so the bonus to the amount of units he can command does nothing (at least, not yet).  He does gain the Awe ability, which forces attackers in melee to make a morale check if they want strike him.  He currently has Awe +0, which I think means that a unit with morale 10 has a 50% chance to have their attack halted.  Units with lower morale are more likely to be effected, conversely elite units will have few problems punching my old man in the face.  Awe does not effect mindless units, nor does it prevent people from firing missiles or spells at the unit.  If this unit remains on the list of heroes for a time, his awe ability could reach impressive levels.  However, as the commander is an old guy in robes, that prefers to hide behind a wall of Voi militia, this ability is not as impressive as could have been on another unit.

There are a number of other heroic abilities.  I just wanted to explain what the red stars indicated for those players lucky enough to have earned a hero with a special ability.

thanks Phobos, its great to learn something as we play.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Phobos on March 21, 2013, 11:44:29 PM

none of your fancy command boosters for me - mines just heroically fat!!!

parone