Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Quote from: byrdman57 on March 18, 2013, 01:02:45 AM
Wow, a whole lot can change in a weekend. New players..., new map... it's too much for my fragile psyche! Anyway, Midgard's pretender will be submitted momentarily. I'm looking forward to this game!

you nealy lost Midgard to my noobie pretender, but your god prevailed :) I was looking at the server rather than the forum, and snaped-up midgard,but Midgard was snached back, Im so new to Multiplayer.

Nefaro

Quote from: parone on March 17, 2013, 07:25:34 PM
so that means we will remake the game?  im assuming there is a link to the map here somewhere, or Ysko will put one on the OP?

The Land of Legends map:

http://koti.kapsi.fi/elmokki/dom3/maplist/files/landoflegends.zip

gameleaper

Quote from: Nefaro on March 18, 2013, 03:17:03 AM
Quote from: parone on March 17, 2013, 07:25:34 PM
so that means we will remake the game?  im assuming there is a link to the map here somewhere, or Ysko will put one on the OP?

The Land of Legends map:

http://koti.kapsi.fi/elmokki/dom3/maplist/files/landoflegends.zip

thanks, just Downloaded the Map. I guess this is the map were going with.

Yskonyn

Great job gentlemen.
As good minions you have served your master well in choosing a map. :D
I have updated the first post with the link to the LoL map download.

I will need to reconfigure Llamaserver with the new map, so I hope that will not break our game...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Yskonyn

I think its going to be ok. However, Llamaserver is down for maintenance at the moment. Aparently there is an issue with it reaching mailservers. Games will not be hosted until its fixed, nothing we can do for now.

Another thing; landsoflegend.map is already in use on Llamaserver, but there are 4 different versions of LoL in the Llamaserver list. There is no way to view the filename.
I *think* the game named 'Pantokrator Needs A Wife' used the normal version of the map, so I have selected it, but we could also upload the map again under a different filename. However that would need EVERYONE here to rename their map to the exact same filename.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

the one linked to on the front page is the 'wife' one? - i think thats the one we need

Yskonyn

No the one at the front page is the original map.

undercovergeek

Yskonyn

No. At least I do not.
But the description of the 'wife' game version doesn't reveal any modifications, whereas the other versions on Llama do.

Nefaro

I noticed something about the Land of Legends map we've had linked here:

It's well-suited to a 10 player game.  If you have 11 players, the start locations tend to be in somewhat more restricted areas where you only have two or three provinces neighboring your home territory. 

That's not a game killer, but it would have an effect on the early game - probably making it a bit slower of a start due to not having as many options regarding indies to attack from the start and not having one or two less provinces get your Fort bonus to income for being adjacent.  I'm fine with all this, as it also adds more chokepoints near your home base so they should be maybe a bit more difficult to attack into since there will be fewer approaches.  There is still at least two "rings" around the home bases.

If nothing else.. we could use the vanilla one that is similar to Land Of Legends, if it has enough room on it.   Hell.. I'd be fine with a random one, they seem to turn out okay quite often.  I'm not particularly picky as long as it's functional, doesn't have a disproportionate amount of anything odd, and works properly.  But 'LoL' is still okay.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 18, 2013, 04:13:26 PM

It's well-suited to a 10 player game.  If you have 11 players, the start locations tend to be in somewhat more restricted areas where you only have two or three provinces neighboring your home territory. 

That's not a game killer, but it would have an effect on the early game - probably making it a bit slower of a start due to not having as many options regarding indies to attack from the start and not having one or two less provinces get your Fort bonus to income for being adjacent.  I'm fine with all this, as it also adds more chokepoints near your home base so they should be maybe a bit more difficult to attack into since there will be fewer approaches.  There is still at least two "rings" around the home bases.

If nothing else.. we could use the vanilla one that is similar to Land Of Legends, if it has enough room on it.   Hell.. I'd be fine with a random one, they seem to turn out okay quite often.  I'm not particularly picky as long as it's functional, doesn't have a disproportionate amount of anything odd, and works properly.  But 'LoL' is still okay.

we have 11 players though!

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 18, 2013, 04:53:51 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on March 18, 2013, 04:13:26 PM

we have 11 players though!

Yeah.. this isn't looking good for "Land of Legends".  I originally thought we have 10 people playing, but I cranked it to 11.

I've just fired up a game on Land of Legends with 11 players, none of them a native sea-based race, and the once excellent placement went right out the window.  The creator or whomever left the note about it playing best with up to 10 land players (and maybe one sea nation) was absolutely correct.  I'm sorry I didn't double check the # of players before running that thing.

Back to the drawing board!!  :(

What was that other one similar to LoL?  Is it larger?

undercovergeek

lmao - our first ever choice - the cradle of dominion!

its looking good right now!

gameleaper

the bigger the map = the more space and time to move, the more Gold, the more forts,bigger battles the more magic research, the higher levels we will reach.

I would have a look at westeros guys, its a great looking map and seems to work for 11 players, but I dont care realy, but maybe you should think about a bigger map, I played on greyhawk the monster map & it was fun because I was able to get more of everything.