Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parone

MA is actually my favorite(MA Ulm in particular) but unfortunately due to my turtle like playing, i cannot join.  i wish you all well, however!

undercovergeek

byrdman57

So I'm happy with the new 2-day turnaround, but if this game gets started before the weekend, I'm going to be out of town Friday until late Sunday so I won't be able to submit a turn then.

JasonPratt

I'm kind of doubtful it will actually get started before the weekend.

However, as long as you resolve (and let the players know) you won't be submitting your pretender until you get back, you don't have to worry about when the game is actually set up -- even if Ysk sets it up five minutes from now, it won't even send out the first pre-turn until you've submitted (and it has accepted) your pretender.

So you're safe. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 14, 2013, 12:23:25 PM
I'm kind of doubtful it will actually get started before the weekend.

However, as long as you resolve (and let the players know) you won't be submitting your pretender until you get back, you don't have to worry about when the game is actually set up -- even if Ysk sets it up five minutes from now, it won't even send out the first pre-turn until you've submitted (and it has accepted) your pretender.

So you're safe. :)

before we lose the initial momentum of eagerness that brought these guys here in the first place - what are we waiting for?

Yskonyn

A definitive mapchoice. And me... ;)

If we have decided on a map I can start the game on Llama so we can start sending in our pretenders.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

Just scrolled back to check - we did indeed settle on the dragon age map

Also yskonyn once this ones underway - is there a chance you could impart your knowledge on setting up a new game on llama for jason or I and we can consider the MA game too

Yskonyn

Ok, dragon Age it is.

Sure I can setup the game and give you the password, but its not at All difficult to start a new game. Llama is pretty self explanatory in that regard.
The link to the FAQ in the first post helps as well.

Game is up! Ready to accept pretenders.
A_Dominion_Of_Grogs
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

Splendid!  Thanks Yskonyn.  I plan to submit my pretender within the next 24 hours.

JasonPratt

Nice title! I plan to submit a pretender as soon as I can figure out how to stop losing the other game before Monday.  :)

Edited to add: narrowed it down to two very different pretender types. May tweak a bit...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Corwin123

I like the title.

I should have a pretender to submit within 24 hrs

JasonPratt

By the way, does anyone know where there is an updated rulebook? Granted, the rules will be somewhat different for the balance mod, but...

Which reminds me, everyone make sure their mods are installed AND ENABLED before designing your pretender!

Huw the Poo

Pretender submitted.  I was quite...bold...with its design.  This could go very well or (more likely) very badly. :)