Mass Effect: Andromeda

Started by mirth, January 05, 2017, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on January 05, 2017, 08:49:45 PM
Ashley was kind of a bitch in that first game. Didn't stop me from sacrificing Kaidan to keep her around though.

Erry playthrough for me, this.  O0

Shepherd don't play the skin flute, not on my watch.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

mirth

I'm taking 3/21 off to play it :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Wow, nothing from mirth yet. Must be a good game!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Spent a good portion of the day dealing with a clogged kitchen sink. Been playing the game for about an hour now. The facial animations are not great. Rest of the game is gorgeous. Did the canned intro stuff and just started exploring for real. Miss being Shepard, but having fun so far.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on March 21, 2017, 04:11:17 PM
Spent a good portion of the day dealing with a clogged kitchen sink. Been playing the game for about an hour now. The facial animations are not great. Rest of the game is gorgeous. Did the canned intro stuff and just started exploring for real. Miss being Shepard, but having fun so far.

I suspect much of the criticism is way overblown by people who were unreasonably expecting this game to trigger the second coming of Christ. In the end. I would think the game will still play out like the prior games in the series. I've watched a lot of video of gameplay and the facial animations don't seem to detract in anyway from the game or the story. Furthermore, why are people expecting "War and Peace" epic quality writing here? So far from what I've seen, the dialogue is on par from what I remember in the prior games.

I'm pretty sure I will like this game. The bigger issue for me is the race thing. I get race and gender shoved in my face everyplace I look. I don't need it so blatantly shoved in my face during my downtime too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Bottom line of the video : If you want more Mass Effect you probably will be OK.  If you want something that outshines the original trilogy you could have a bad time.

mirth

I think it's unrealistic to expect it to outshine the original series. The first game was so fresh and original. It truly was a cinematic experience. As much as I loved the second and third games, they never quite had that same sense of excitement and wonder the first game provided. I'm not expecting this game to do that either.

Bison

Mirth did you decide this version is good or bad?

mirth

I haven't been playing it. That's probably an answer.