Question for boardgamers

Started by JudgeDredd, April 11, 2018, 01:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on April 12, 2018, 05:48:48 AM
JD, the LnLT series rules have had a re-write to v 4.1 and are much clearer. Not sure what the last version you looked at was. They Are also currently working on a ver 5.0 due out soon. This new version is even clearer and has many more examples in the rules, most with illustrations.

But if the system is not for you, and I know you have given it the ol'college try, then it's time to move on and play stuff you enjoy. Life is too short to fight frustration just to play a game.

I'll offer again to teach you on-line through VASSAL and Steam Chat if you'd like. But never feel bad because a game didn't click with you. Right now there are so many great games and systems, there no reason not to find something fu and easy, for you, to play.
I just spotted last night my LnL Falklands game has the 4.1 rules and looking through them, they are much clearer.

Those are for modern era though. I think my WWII game (Heroes of Normandie I believe) is an older set...I'll check later

As for the new rules...I gather they'll be available for download, but I wouldn't be able to get them printed cheaply and so would look to purchase them in a game...any ideas whether those rules are available in their current lineup (modern era or modern era) and if not, any scuttlebutt on what games in the future would bring those new rules in a box? Or - even better, whether the rules would be able to be bought in printed format (rather than download and print myself).

Also - as a quick aside - not too fussed - but will they still make 2 versions of the rules (modern era and WWII-Korea (I think)) or is there any plans to amalgamate them
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Your v4.1 rules can be used with any game, any era. I never understood the split.
The v5.0 rules will be downloadable. Hope fully they make it printer friendly. They will be any game any era compatible, no longer split.
You will also be able to buy printed copies from LnLP.
The new rules won't be in any of the games until the current stock is exhausted because they are all shrink wrapped.

The new rules will be really great to have.  O0