Spiderman Far From Home

Started by airboy, July 02, 2019, 04:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

We saw it - opening day and cheapo movie day.

Since it is Mysterio there are a ton of spoilers.  I'll avoid them and start a 2nd thread for spoilers.

We both loved it.  Saw it on the huge screen.  Same high school Peter Parker.  Super smart with all of the wisdom and life experience you expect from a 16 year old high school student.  This was largely light-hearted with a ton of funny jokes.  We laughed out loud a lot.

It got serious towards the end.  But this was serious in terms of Peter could die, his buddies could die, and a bunch of bystanders could die.  But an entire city (much less the world) would not die.

Couple of non-spoiler points.
1] Mysterio was done very well.  And I'm frankly shocked they could translate this from the comic to the movies.
2] Aunt May is in it and she does a great job.  She and Peter have a couple of issues.  The first arises almost immediately.  The second at the end of the movie.  Both are funny.
3] J. Jonah Jamison is back, and played by the same actor in the previous movie series.  Awesome!  He was born for this role!
4] There is a lot of Nick Fury.
5] Yes indeed, another Tony Stark screwup drives the plot.  Even from beyond the grave he is causing problems.
6] There are two end scenes.  The last end scene is after the absolute last of the credits roll.  You want to see both of them.
7] The second end scene is why I'm starting a spoiler thread.
8] And last, how they handled all of the people coming back from the dead was just awesome!  It was covered in a "High School News Program" as the day starts.
9] Peter's life is changed forever and I'm not sure how they are going to handle it.  But he gets "screwed."

If you liked the last Spiderman this one is worth seeing in the theater.

Sir Slash

On schedule to see it this weekend with the grandkids.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

In the meanwhile, to get your Spidey-fix, Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse is now on Netflix. An excellent animated movie.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 02, 2019, 10:26:35 PM
In the meanwhile, to get your Spidey-fix, Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse is now on Netflix. An excellent animated movie.  O0

Heck, it's an excellent Spider-Man movie. Don't even need the animated qualifier.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Re point #9 -- when you put it like that, it seems obviously a spoiler tho, right?  ^-^
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 03, 2019, 07:44:05 AM
Re point #9 -- when you put it like that, it seems obviously a spoiler tho, right?  ^-^

But an ambiguous spoiler.  "Screwed" can be interpreted so many different ways.

Sir Slash

As my life has so well demonstrated.

Sir Slash

Saw it today and was very well pleased, great film, better than 'Homecoming' and a great post credit end scene. Loved the way they handled Mysterio. Easily an 8 outta 10.  :bd: