Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Just wondering... did that F-16block50/52 upgrade we sold the Turkish Air Force include the remote disable feature?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

I'm starting to smell the possibility of an undeclared but defacto partial alignment of purpose between the YPG and Assad. Stranger things have happened before.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Sir Slash

They maybe on to something over there. Things are so confused that you need a Flow Chart to follow who you're supposed to be fighting for and against and by the time you know who to kill, you can't because everybody's switched sides again. So... Peace.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 27, 2018, 11:32:21 PM
They maybe on to something over there. Things are so confused that you need a Flow Chart to follow who you're supposed to be fighting for and against and by the time you know who to kill, you can't because everybody's switched sides again. So... Peace.  :clap:

This is why I think the neo-cons who believe that US military power can solve everything have not studied history.  No vital US interests, very confusing factions, stay away from direct combat.

Staggerwing

*something* *something* *something* land war in Asia...

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

That aught to calm things down over there...

I hope the pilot is ok and safe. I also hope that the MANPAD used was non-US made so the Russians don't go apeshit.

Labbug

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 28, 2018, 02:07:36 PM
*something* *something* *something* land war in Asia...

I hope the pilot is ok and safe. I also hope that the MANPAD used was non-US made so the Russians don't go apeshit.
[/quote]

Looks like the pilot was killed on the ground.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/02/03/al-qaeda-linked-militants-shoot-down-russian-fighter-jet-over-syria-kill-pilot.html

Gusington

Can't imagine what that pilot had to go through.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Is it wrong that I dont give a shit because hes russian?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Didn't think you did. But you asked.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Turks are again warning the US to stay away.