Twitch Prime free game

Started by RedArgo, July 03, 2018, 09:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedArgo

If you have Amazon Prime and you sign up for Twitch Prime you can get Pillars of Eternity for free right now.  I think there will be more free games in the next couple weeks, but I don't know what they will be.  You do have to install another client on your machine though.  The download/install is slow, 50 minutes for PoE, not sure how well that bodes for the client.

-budd-

Been an amazon prime member for awhile, added the twitch thing a few months ago. They usually have free games every month, this month there will be more, here's the list.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/twitch-joins-the-prime-day-party-immediately-with-a-fortnight-of-game-giveaways/

Think i have got about 16 free games so far, notable games would be Pillars Of Eternity, Banner Saga 1&2, Tales from the Borderlands, QUBE 2, Steamworld Dig 2, are the ones i remember.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Kushan

Should be noted the version available is the "Definitive" version with all the DLC. I own PoE on Steam but was worth it for me just for the DLC.

I haven't noticed the client being that slow on downloads. I also use it for my WoW addons. PoE looks to be taking about 20 minutes to download (if the current estimate is right)  and thats with me watching a stream and playing Cities.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

mirth

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't realize Twitch Prime was included with Amazon Prime.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Yup. I have prime so picking up pillars was an easy call for me since I have been hemming I'm getting the DLC for a long while now.

Wish I waited a couple of days before buying Tyranny as that is on there too toward he end of the deal but I'm not going to complain getting some dough to the developer.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

I follow a couple of people on Twitch so it was a nice bennie to get the free sub with Twitch Prime. Amazon really knows how to keep its hooks in my wallet.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

The redemption screen says a client app is required? How intrusive is the client? Anyway to use Steam instead?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 04, 2018, 10:33:09 AM
The redemption screen says a client app is required? How intrusive is the client? Anyway to use Steam instead?
No way to use steam to my knowledge. It's basically a steam like client from the looks of it, with a focus on gameplay videos. It has all the usual things, store, friends, ect.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.