Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I definitely won't use it for all battles either unless it is so novel and great a that I can't resist...which is a possibility 😎

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

I thought those like me frothing with anticipation may like this :

From the Manual.......(I got a sneak peek !)

There are tons of nation specific events/rules which totally differentiate playing different countries......

As an example :

7.7. Specific Rules for the Diadochi
The Hellenistic successor states (the Diadochi) have particular problems in retaining their regions when they are losing a war. If they become old or decadent, there is a risk that their entire Empire will collapse. Equally border regions may change loyalty to a more dynamic and successful neighbour.
The Seleucids use the Satrapy system which gives a bonus in terms of a free unit for each province and more garrisons in each region.  The disadvantage, however, is in terms of reduced income due to the cost of the Satrap.
Macedonia's government age will not increase in any turn in which it grows by at least one region. However, if the number of regions does not expand, then Government Age increase will double for that turn. The Antigonids will see their Government Age increase at double the normal rate in any turn in which they have no wars.  If they are currently fighting between three and five wars, then they will not age and if they have six wars at any time they will lose 1 government age for each such turn.

The Ptolemies will see their Government Age double in any turn in which their fleet is less than half the combat power of their army.  If their navy is larger (in terms of combat power) than their army, they will gain a bonus +5 legacy points per turn (in this case the fleet must be of at least 80 combat power).
All the Diadochi (including the Lysimachids) are vulnerable to crumble when played by the AI depending on their decadence and if they have lost their original national capital.

Rome is the only faction whose Heavy infantry (Legions) can build roads and fortifications in addition to any regional building you may have underway.

Loyalty of populations varies hugely with Egypt for example generating only 2 loyalty per population whilst some states can generate up 6 or 7 or more base loyalty.

These are all in addition to the nation specific traits that you get at the beginning of each game and attached to the rulers that change as each is replaced.

I can only stress the above are just a couple of examples from lots applying to different nations.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

devoncop

Sorry. Double post .😠

Gusington

Awesome. A lot of thought has clearly been put in these game details and workings.

*prays to gaming gods that it is as good as it sounds*

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Been doing a little FOG2 since the latest DLC release. 

All it needs is a proper dynamic campaign. 

If FOG: Empires doesn't explode or disappear into Nevergame Land, and gets released, I'll squeeze out a man-jewel nugget of gesticulating joy.  <:-)  Because it'll be superb.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Release date just announced.....

Drumroll........

11th July !!!!

Agony.....another 4 weeks !!!!!

Yskonyn

Cool! Now get the manual out early!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

FlickJax

:( end of month I was hoping for

devoncop

Quote from: FlickJax on June 12, 2019, 05:43:02 AM
:( end of month I was hoping for

I was hoping for the end of the day ! 😉

FlickJax

;D  yep who knows what is around the corner

Anguille

Quote from: devoncop on June 12, 2019, 04:14:06 AM

Drumroll........

11th July !!!!

It's my B'day....going to be great!!!!

devoncop

Quote from: Anguille on June 12, 2019, 06:39:43 AM
Quote from: devoncop on June 12, 2019, 04:14:06 AM

Drumroll........

11th July !!!!

So .............the guilty party has revealed themselves.......

Release delayed to please Anguille  !!! :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

It's my B'day....going to be great!!!!

W8taminute

The precious will be here soon?  Well then...

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Thread has taken a creepy turn. Well done!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd