WitP:AE and or WitE PBEM

Started by OJsDad, April 13, 2017, 09:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I've got both War in the Pacific:AE and War in the East.  I've never got into either one very much.  I been thinking that if I got into a PBEM game with either or both, I would pick it up a lot faster.  So, if anyone is interested in trying either one or both of the these games with me, let me know.  I don't care if your newb at the game like me or experienced. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

jomni

Quote from: OJsDad on April 13, 2017, 09:45:41 AM
I've got both War in the Pacific:AE and War in the East.  I've never got into either one very much.  I been thinking that if I got into a PBEM game with either or both, I would pick it up a lot faster.  So, if anyone is interested in trying either one or both of the these games with me, let me know.  I don't care if your newb at the game like me or experienced.

Which side are you playing?

Hartford688

I would consider, but as I am 51, I am not certain I will live long enough to finish either. Wouldn't want to let you down midgame.

RyanE

You can assign the next turn in your will.  With WITP, having a real living succession plan might be a good ides.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm up for WITP:AE for a smaller scenario.

jamus34

I'm in a similar boat, I have WitP:AE and WitW and looking to learn and think playing a noob vs game might help.
Insert witty comment here.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Tuna and I took a stab at the Coral Sea (or was it Solomons) scenario a few years back.  It was interesting and the stress of trying to use your carriers without losing them was quite tense.  I ended up pulling the plug (sorry again, Tuna) because I just could not figure out how to get my troops loaded up in Rabaul and Truk and then unloaded for combat around Pt Moresby.  They just sat there at 90% loaded for weeks on end.

OJsDad

Quote from: jomni on April 13, 2017, 09:48:39 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on April 13, 2017, 09:45:41 AM

Which side are you playing?

You mean for trying to learn or you mean for playing a PBEM game. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Quote from: Hartford688 on April 13, 2017, 09:51:53 AM
I would consider, but as I am 51, I am not certain I will live long enough to finish either. Wouldn't want to let you down midgame.

I'm 48, so not that far behind ya Hartford.  But think of the glory of having it on your tombstone, I completed WitP:AE and/or WitE.   :bd:

OJsDad

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 13, 2017, 10:00:43 AM

Sounds good SDR.  Do you want to set one up to start the middle of next week sometime.  It's going to be a busy weekend. 

OJsDad

Quote from: jamus34 on April 13, 2017, 10:15:13 AM
I'm in a similar boat, I have WitP:AE and WitW and looking to learn and think playing a noob vs game might help.

Jamus, if your up for one or the other, or even both, we can try to get one started middle of next week.  We'll be like a couple of wounded soldiers leaning on each other hobbling back to the aid station.   O0

Tuna

Tuna

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 13, 2017, 10:26:27 AM
Tuna and I took a stab at the Coral Sea (or was it Solomons) scenario a few years back.  It was interesting and the stress of trying to use your carriers without losing them was quite tense.  I ended up pulling the plug (sorry again, Tuna) because I just could not figure out how to get my troops loaded up in Rabaul and Truk and then unloaded for combat around Pt Moresby.  They just sat there at 90% loaded for weeks on end.

Actually I think it was Guadalcanal we did.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: OJsDad on April 13, 2017, 10:48:48 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 13, 2017, 10:00:43 AM

Sounds good SDR.  Do you want to set one up to start the middle of next week sometime.  It's going to be a busy weekend.

I'm good (or not god) for any time.  My schedule's pretty erratic, work wise.