Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: Skoop on November 24, 2022, 01:28:13 PM
This was my first load up with my new build and I had the same problem of these weird pauses / lag.  Google  showed it was a default bios setting of not boosting to full power on all hyper threading cores.  So the fix was either turn boost always on or disable some of the cores, cleared it right up.  Now Star Citizen runs like butter on all settings max and 4k.

Also I've heard of some using joystick gremlin to save all their controls when it's a wipe patch.

I seriously think dcs has the best controls setup.  I love when I jump in an aircraft after being away, I'll just sit in the cockpit, go into the controls page, push all the buttons and it tells up what's mapped to it.  Amazing this hasn't been universally adopted by all games.
Agreed. DCS has an awesome key control setup interface.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Just saying....
CIG are making noises about pyro testing and there seem to be a lot of ships on sale "before" citizencon. Ships that do not have long legs and thus will not be useful for wormhole travel. Is this all smoke and mirrors before the con? It's all getting a little exciting y'all. I suspect a very very long ptu process. By the time pyro gets to PU it might be old news. We shall see.
P.S. I was just thinking that just because Pyro is in testing does not mean that we can jump back and forth between the two yet.

Jarhead0331

Squadron 42 is feature complete.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Yeah probably the most exciting citizencon yet so far. To hear so many things are complete and polishing basically.
Now to see them actually come out.

So far
* PYRO system coming to PTU in a few weeks (If we can jump between stanton and Pyro that will mean the game is pretty much ready for BETA imho. Because everything else is gravy.
* SQ42 feature complete and just polishing
* Server Meshing is done???? Need to check on this.

Millipede

Okay, some of my questions about where all the time and money have gone have been answered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWm_OhIKms8

Destraex

Finally they are testing server meshing and jump gate tech in Evocati.

Destraex

Ok now CIG is doing some kind of event to get a "real" military version of the Hornet. You can convert your F7C mkI civilianised hornet to an F7A mkII Military hornet (or is it an F7a mkI) by completing a series of challenges. The event seems to be in stages.
What I am curious about is whether we are now going to get a flood of military ships for sale that bascially supercede any civilian versions of the same people have. I assume even when you get the military versions they come with more hardpoints but you still have to use civilian weapons and modules (shields etc) on them?

Question:
f7c mkI = f7a mkI
f7c mkII\f7a mkII are purchased with real money?

What happens to the superhornet? Which is now very similar in firepower to the F7A?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on March 16, 2024, 05:48:48 PMOk now CIG is doing some kind of event to get a "real" military version of the Hornet. You can convert your F7C mkI civilianised hornet to an F7A mkII Military hornet (or is it an F7a mkI) by completing a series of challenges. The event seems to be in stages.
What I am curious about is whether we are now going to get a flood of military ships for sale that bascially supercede any civilian versions of the same people have. I assume even when you get the military versions they come with more hardpoints but you still have to use civilian weapons and modules (shields etc) on them?

Question:
f7c mkI = f7a mkI

What happens to the superhornet? Which is now very similar in firepower to the F7A?

I have the Super Hornet and am trying to figure out if I need a MkII. I can't really find a good comparison.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 16, 2024, 06:07:18 PM
Quote from: Destraex on March 16, 2024, 05:48:48 PMOk now CIG is doing some kind of event to get a "real" military version of the Hornet. You can convert your F7C mkI civilianised hornet to an F7A mkII Military hornet (or is it an F7a mkI) by completing a series of challenges. The event seems to be in stages.

Question:
f7c mkI = f7a mkI

I have the Super Hornet and am trying to figure out if I need a MkII. I can't really find a good comparison.

I hear you I have not looked hard but you can find the mk1 stats in the pledge store still. A comparison between the mkIIc and mkIIa is in the shop for the mkIIc.
It's pretty opaque messaging. But I expect that from newer uses of English unfortunately.
Here is what I have summised so far:

In summary
F7C mkI owners with vet day upgrade can get the F7A mkI (1) for free.
F7C mkII owners can get the F7A mkII (2) by doing the overdrive initiative event.
F7C mkI owners without the vet day upgrade cannot get the F7A (any A variant) at all from the event.

So basically to do the event and use the reward token you either have to buy a f7c mkII just released to the store or have a veterans day pack from 2013 or so. The veterans pack gets you a f7a mkI and the F7c mkII purchase gets you an F7a mkII.

Veterans day offer from 2013
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13366-Veterans-Day-Hornet-Upgrade-Offer

The event explained
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/19753-Overdrive-Initiative

f7c mkII comparison with f7a mkII half way down
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/19756-Anvil-F7C-Hornet-Mk-II

The mk1 page
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/anvil-hornet/F7C-Hornet-Mk-I

Skoop

The mkII hornet seems cool, but I'll pass as I already own a lightening which is comparable.  You can pretty much print money with a reclaimer doing salvage missions.  I'll just buy it in game when released.

Destraex

Just did the first event mission. (1/5 in the 1st series). Predictably Star Citizen had a myriad of bugs that compounded to create a cacophony of issues and false starts. But we got there in the end after being rescued by a medic who was out of uniform. Being out of uniform and then deciding to stay and help somewhere else in the facility without telling me resulted in his death... at my hands. We got him back up and I paid him a bonus. A good ole boy to be sure and a good sport.
I will forever see the aliens dropship crashing in my mates Carrack landing attempt resulting in a belly flow that hurtled towards me a breakneck speed. I was forced to run for it before an almighty explosion finished her off. No medical bed for us!!

You have to love it. I was only planning to spend an hour doing this and Star Citizen contrived to thwart us. We have to do more of this though. Was rough coming back after all this time. But I loved it. Here are the original enemy bodies done in with my insurance policy (shotgun). More around the corner.

This guy thought he was a non combatant. I almost had news for him. He aint killed any babies! But damn guilt by association and I aint got no zip ties!
Seriously though, I suspect if you gut this guy he might have a slower version of encryption key. Might get a crime stat though.
Perhaps I should have just asked him nicely? Harsh language Vasquez. It really could have worked.

P.S. Medics should always be in uniform and this one was not which is why he was so good about me killing him. Wearing dark colours similar to the A.I. instead of red and white can be detrimental to ones health.