And now for some ThinkerThunker Blobsquatch analysis!

Started by JasonPratt, June 09, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

He's actually pretty good, although some videos are better than others.

This is a sequel to one of his very first, years ago, with a higher definition copy to play with.

One thing he doesn't show very well in this video, is just how tall the figure is when it finally stands up at the end. It's already as tall or taller than an average guy (proportionately) when it's hunched over. His original analysis from back around Halloween 2013 can be seen here (along with his stabilization of the full source clip):

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Someone needs to participate in World Gin Day 2018.  :-"
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: bbmike on June 09, 2018, 04:48:18 PM
Someone needs to participate in World Gin Day 2018.  :-"

One might see more swamp apes that way, admittedly...  :buck2:

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Been a while since I posted a Thunker analysis.

The Mad Tosser is a favorite.

It's important to keep in mind that TT is conservatively underestimating how large the figure and the tree trunk is.

From a key comment:

QuoteThis is in no way a 12 foot tree. I run 10 foot sticks of 1/2" conduit all the time in the field as an electrician for many years. Once you are used to knowing what 10 foot looks like you can guesstimate just how long something is based on its distance. That tree is over 20 foot long easy. and way more than 5" in diameter. I would guess that tree is more likely 8 or 9" in diameter. So what is the distance and weight of it now? That has to be incredible.

QuoteAccording to woodweb a 20 foot aspen tree with an 8" small diameter and a 9" large diameter would be 306 lbs. And it was thrown at least 3 lengths which would be 60 feet. Wtf...

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

??? Seems like pretty standard Enigma category stuff.  O:-)

DoctorQuest

I just worry where some of us will wander off to without a padded room.

I will not argue with the enigmatic nature of the topic...  :bd:
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

Just as Halloween approaches, Thunker returns with a new angle of analysis on the famous Patterson/Gimlin film: why can't Patterson catch up while sprinting for 45 seconds (off and on) against someone walking away at an obviously casual stroll for a minute?

Seems like that should be a no-lose contest against someone in big fake feet and a bulky costume (with artificial fat and muscle layers, and forearm extenders which somehow break the wearer's elbows to shift them down-arm) and a mask changing human face ratios, in a rugged stream-wash with lots of fallen trees.

But "Patty" walks away with the clear win.  :o