1985: Under an Iron Sky

Started by Barthheart, April 09, 2018, 07:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 28, 2018, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 28, 2018, 07:13:22 AM
From Facebook yesterday:

QuoteFabrizio Vianello: We're planning a 200 copies reprint, probably ready in September....stay tuned

How are they taking orders?

telepathy. Your order has already been received.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 28, 2018, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 28, 2018, 07:13:22 AM
From Facebook yesterday:

QuoteFabrizio Vianello: We're planning a 200 copies reprint, probably ready in September....stay tuned

How are they taking orders?

My guess is that the statement means they won't be taking orders until Sept. Then you can order through their website.
https://trlgames.com/1985-under-an-iron-sky/

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Crossroads

Dammit. I would never have the time to play a monster like that. But it sure is a gorgeous piece of boardgaming art.

Must. Resist.  :hide:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Crossroads

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Yskonyn

Also, Fabrizio posted that the reprint should be ready in september!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Those who went to BGG to reserve a copy should turn to high alert now!
From sept 27th onward we can expect a message from NATO high command! :)

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Yskonyn on September 26, 2018, 09:41:47 AM
Those who went to BGG to reserve a copy should turn to high alert now!
From sept 27th onward we can expect a message from NATO high command! :)

I just got a BGG message with code to order my copy. 

Now I have to figure out how to come up with 160 Euros, plus shipping...oh well.  I'd sell one of my children, but they have already left the house... ;)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Yskonyn

Got mine as well! My transaction was already cleared with 'finance dept'. 😜

For those not having reserved for the second run and still want to buy, go NOW to trlgames.com. Only very few copies are up gor grabs.
I read 15 of which I know for a fact 1 is already gone, so allegedly 14 left.

Yskonyn

Toonces

Man, that looks seriously tasty, but that's an awful lot of money for something I'll never get to a gaming table.

I imagine playing that with 3 people on a side would be a gaming experience of a lifetime.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

I picked up the big box!

Production quality is good, although the last row in a section on the counter sprue isn't cut as neatly as the other rows leaving a little too much of the counter attached to the sprue. Need to be cautious there when cutting them loose.
The countersheets have a nice glossy finnish and are of good thick quality cardboard.

I really like the graphics on the maps. The two big ones are huge! I am not sure anyone would have the room to lay them out for a full campaign on any normal table! 😄

The Second Echelon came with the latest living rules version as of now, which is a nice touch to have in hardcopy version.

The box is unusually large. And tbh raised my eyebrows a bit when I opened the lid, because the contents leaves lots of room.
No items were damaged inside, but I can see this happening during rough transport, which is a shame for such an expensive boardgame.

The scenariobook with designer's notes is well written and an interesting read.
Now comes diving into the rules and play this bad boy!

Crossroads

Barthheart